What drugs do they use?

Aero

1 angel & 1 baby boy
Reaction score
Just curious - does anyone have any idea what drugs I was possibly given during my c-section?

I had a horrific c-section. My first one, I was cut into before the spinal had taken because my daughter's heart rate had dropped too much. I warned the anaesthetists this time, and once again, it took AGES for the spinal to take.

Just after they started to stitch me up, the spinal wore off completely. I started crying from the pain and the surgeons thought it was because I'd just been handed my son. Thankfully, the anaesthetists realised something was wrong and asked for the operation to be stopped. They injected something into my cannula which make the world go nice and blurry . They then knocked me out with "gas and air" through a mask (I don't remember the mask at all). I wasn't totally out of it - apparently my eyes were going like I was in REM sleep and I was apparently continually squeezing my OH's hand. I can remember some of the things being said in the operating theatre and it felt like I was in a TV show - when I woke up (as I was being wheeled into recovery), I was half sure that the pregnancy and c-section had been a dream :shrug:

I'm just curious as to what I was given (in part because I never want that "gas and air" stuff again!). The cannula injection - possibly morphine? Anyone any ideas?

Might have been versed. They tend to use it for concious sedation. You can hear but don't feel much

Request to see your theatre notes and it should be documented there.

Contact the head of midwifery in your area, usually there is no charge toview your notes but a charge if you want a copy of them.

Something similar happened to me and they had given me a very large dose of morphine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->