what else can I do to start a labor pattern!

sashadoll

Loving my boys
Reaction score
My body is really just teasing me. I'm due Saturday the 20th but I've been in prodormal labor for 2 weeks. Last night I had the worse contractions to date they were 13m apart and I had to focus with them. They were still here this morning but it's been an hour now since the last one. What else can I do for a consistent labor pattern? I have a doc appt tomorrow and I think I may want a sweep. Idk. I'm confused. We want an all natural birth no mess or interventions unless medically necessary son would that be an intervention a sweep? I'm so tired of being pregnant. I want to be home for Christmas. We talked with our 5 year old and told him they baby may not be here until Christmas and I'll be in the hospital he was so disappointed and said mommy I want to spend Christmas with you. I almost cried. We have this tradition for Santa and we won't be able to do it if I go into labor the week of Christmas I fear. Being a mother of 2 is already hard. I don't want to disappoint my baby. Ugh anyway. I hope you ladies have a great Sunday.

No ideas sorry but can sympathise. Thankfully for me i've agreed to induction on Thursday so even if it were to result in c section i should be home before christmas eve when activities are planned for dd. I really don't want to miss christmas this year. I've put so much planning and effort into it!
I was meant to get sweep today but evidently the MW hasn't had time to call in. I have one booked for tuesday but was advised if I didn't get one on Sunday to phone MW on mon and try to get one then.
I guess you could try the sex option etc if you are against external/third party intervention. Personally I don't think i'd consider sweep as negative intervention as there is no additional fake injecting or addition of hormones etc

Thank you for your advice. My Doula says it's considered a medical intervention. My appt is tomorrow I might do it especially if there is no injection or anything I've never had it before so I'll talk with hubby!

What about acupuncture? I've heard it won't actually put u into labor unless your body is ready, but will work if it is. I don't know anyone personally who's tried it, but I've seen it mentioned in here several times.

I would say go for a sweep if your already having some contractions then I would say that could get u into active labour it did with my first. Try bouncing on a birthing ball, have sex, eat a hot curry, they say eat some fresh pineapple...... I'm due the 18th so hoping baby will be here by Xmas but I've had no twinges or anything. Good luck

I've been in this early labor 2 weeks. I'm just so tired. We've been having sex, I've eaten pineapples nipple stimulus walking dancing bouncing on the ball. I've thought of acupuncture but I'm not a fan of needles. I'm not a fan of curry either.

Aww how annoying sounds like u have tried everything. Its just a waiting game now which sucks for u

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->