What everyone should know about tongue and lip ties.

Thank you for this. I also wanted to say that there is an infant feeding team at Wexham Park hospital, Slough who were fantastic in spotting my daughter's tongue tie and referring us for the procedure. We did have it snipped which unfortunately didn't improve her latch but we feel we did the right thing at 3 weeks old, given the risk of a speech impediment. They have a doctor who carries out the procedure once a week for babies and we were very lucky to be offered this on the NHS.

Thanks for this...Brett has had one appointment cancelled in December to have it snipped, then in January we went, only to find they had referred us to the wrong guy!!! STILL waiting and my poor little guy looks as though his tongue doesn't fit and is finding it hard to wean. Luckilly he never had a problem with BF x

We had squidge's TT snipped almost 2 weeks ago now and I've *just* realised she has a lip tie as well. Honestly, her lip tie is much more obvious and pronounced than her TT ever was, now that I've lifted her lip to have a look.

Great thread! Lily was Tongue tied and I'd have loved this info when I was having problems. Makes me so cross that snipping isn't commisioned by the nhs. A lovely doctor does it once a week during his lunch break at my local hospital!

My LO has a severe LT. We are still BFing but we had so many problems early on I don't know if any are attributable to the LT. She always had a milk blister but I thought that was normal.

We're getting it divided on Wednesday but she needs a GA as it's thick and will need stitches.

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->