What exactly is NTNP?

PTwannabe

Reaction score
I understand the title itself, but from reading some of the threads, it seems like some are trying... I think I may be a bit confused... please help! :)

it means Not Trying Not Preventing.. so to my understanding the person isn't necessarily TRYING to get pregnant but at the same time they're not using any type of birth control to prevent it from happening, so if it happens it happens.

I could be wrong though.

That's my understanding as well ^^

I take it to mean, not using birth control but not really paying too much attention to ovulation, etc. Just going about life normally, having :sex: when you and OH feel like it, no scheduling.

Although, some of us are technically NTNP because that's what our OHs want, but we still really want our turn to come!! Just going about it in a more relaxed way.

Thanks ladies...
I guess technically DH and I are NTNP (other than the pull out method)... but really we're WTT. If it happens, it happens but it'd be best for it not to happen til we're TTC. :) We've been using this our NTNP technique for the past 5 years and it seems to be working in our favor (or something's wrong...) but I guess we'll look into that when we're TTC.

For us NTNP doesn't mean we don't want to get pregnant (we do!) but when we think of TTC or 'trying for a baby' i guess it makes us think of working out when you're ovulating, doing handstands after sex, analysing your cervical mucus and all that and that is not what we're doing...we're just :sex: and hoping it will result in a little brother or sister for Toby at some point soon :thumbup:

I get confused when people say their NTNP but are using OPK's and all that because to me that is TTC, but then when i got pregnant with Toby and people asked me "Were you trying?" i said "yes" because to my mind, we were trying for a baby, in the sense that we had stopped using contraception and were hoping to get pregnant we just weren't doing anything other than having sex! :shrug:

So i guess it's subjective and the lines can be a bit blurred?

I agree with StarlitHome "some of us are technically NTNP because that's what our OHs want, but we still really want our turn to come!! Just going about it in a more relaxed way."
I know when I'm ovulating, and yes, OH and I had more :sex: then, but naturally I'm more up for it at that time of the month - and men respond to the hormones we give out so will be more up for it then too.
For me, I'm not quitting drinking/occasional smoking because I'm not officially TTC, but if I get a :bfn: I'll be really happy and will quit everything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->