What excercise do YOU do :) ?

I mentioned in another thread, im doing 'Jordans workout dvd'
I know most people don't like her but i do, and in her dvd shes not the one showing you the workout - its her trainer and shes just doing it with him but its a great dvd can feel it working - it mixes cardio with toning and it involves alot of kicking and punching (not eachother haha) so your constantly working on your legs, abs and arms and then your constantly on your toes bouncing so it works at the stomach.
:)

I like her anyway buy the DVD is brill. Really works :)

I walk everyday although the amount varies. Sometimes its to Asda, always the school run but I also walk into town usually once weekly which is a bit of a treck.

I also do Billy Blanks Tae Bo! :D I have the Ultimate collection. I do this every evening except weekends for around 40 mins.

If I am doing excercise dvd's I find the Hannah Waterman one is fantastic and a good all over workout, If I go to the gym I love the treadmill then do some weights. But the latest craze for me is Spinning, I just started this last week and Im already hooked love it. In summer hubby and I go out on our bikes which I also love.

Lesley

I walk into town which is about 40mins and back again.
I do 30-45 mins on my exercise bike that I keep in my bedroom 5-6 days a week.
In september il be walking to college 3 days a week and thats about 1 hour walk each way. I have so much energy and feel guilty if I dont do some exericise a day.

What excercise do you do to keep in shape/lose weight? What works for you?

Thought this thread would be good for people stuck in an excercise rut and maybe give others a few ideas to try something new!

My main excercises are sit ups and hooping, I reaaallly wouldn't mind a treadmill or excercise bike though! I'm not a huge fan of gyms so I prefer stuff I can do in my home and garden :D plus its either cheap or FREE!!!

x

LoveBunny, sit ups won't help you lose weight, and in my experience it's negligible if they'll do anything after having 3 kids, only if you are very good at them and do 200 a day!! I'm speaking from experience. My tummy is not in the best shape after 2 kids.

I would recommend skipping in the garden - At least 200 a day. With your kids it's possibly not likely that you can do much more. I am pretty active now but my kids are 13 and 8, It wasn't until the 8 year old was 4 that I started to think how fat I'd become. I started cycling to work and running.

When I used to go to the gym i always remember what the instructor said "Always work your heart for 20 minutes until you are out of breath" This is what I've done since and it worked for me.

If you do want to do any exercise class, do spinning - It's fantastic for fat burning - Make sure you ask the instructor what level he is teaching. I went to my first spinning class and it nearly killed me, it was advanced!!! It looks ridiculous but it's really fun and if you do it once a week with skipping etc, you really see results.

Oh, I'll add this: I wouldn't waste your money on a treadmill as the home ones (at least the ones I could afford) are not very good. I know you said you don't like gyms, but do try to go to you local council-run gym (are you in UK?). You'll be amazed at the variation of people there - Sundays are good.

Good luck.

i walk looooooooooooooads!!
go up and down 2 flights of stairs about 50 times a day lol
aqua fit
wii fit (love it!)
and buggy fit :)

im in better shape now than before i was pregnant - only with a jelly belly lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads