What face cream do u use?

LittleBee

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm just in panic for no reason I think:dohh:
For the last 2-3 months I've been using my favourite Dior face cream and ultimately I bought the new XP product from the same brand. Yesterday a friend of mine- pregnant too- told me her GP suggested she stop using anti-wrinkle creams and stuff cause they could harm baby. I did a little research and saw that only these ingredients are not safe to use:
Differin (adapelene)
Retin-A, Renova (tretinoin)
Retinoic acid
Retinol
Retinyl linoleate
Retinyl palmitate
Tazorac and avage (Tazarotene)
Tretinoin

An article said: If you realize you have used a product that contains one of the potentially harmful ingredients noted above, don't panic. Simply stop using the product now and pick one with known-to-be-safe ingredients.

"Most over-the-counter products by reputable brands are safe," she says. "And if you are applying these products to less than 10 percent of your total skin surface, the risks of systemic effects are very low."

My cream doesn't contain any of this but I will not use it again for precaution..
What do you think?

There's all sorts of things like this....some I take notice of and some I don't. If it were really that dangerous like some essential oils etc then it would have to be labelled "do not use during pregnancy" or something like that.

If it were me I would just use it a couple of times a week and use something like a "Simple" moisturiser the rest of the time. By the way, you can get the Simple range of beauty products including baby stuff from Poundland:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

If you're worried just check with the pharmasist next time you're out shopping - I did that early on with some body butter stuff and they were really helpful.

xxx

i use vitamin e stuff from body shop, not test on rabbits etc.....
thats when i remember though

*scrambles to find cream* WHAT! not safe! :O

I use soft and clean garnier for cleansing and Eucerin dry skin relief for face.

*scrambles to find cream* WHAT! not safe! :O

I use soft and clean garnier for cleansing and Eucerin dry skin relief for face.

Just look at your Eucerin tube/bottle coz I have....oh no just ignore me it's called Eurax and says not to use if breastfeeding or pregnant:dohh::dohh::dohh:

ok had a look dosnt have any of the above stuff or no warnings. Thats the eucerin and nor does the garnier. Thank god!

Forgot to say earlier, I've been using bio oil on my face after cleansing in the bath - wouldn't recommend it in the morning before going out but I've found it's really good for moisturising especially if you don't dry your face first :)

The eucerin is not greasy and thats why i changed to that as my hair was getting greasy and stuck to my face to much with other stuff i used lol My face used to get dry from riding the bike about alot, not so much now that i am off it though. But like the eurcerin.

I use Olay as it says on their website that it is safe to use in pregnancy.

Forgot to say earlier, I've been using bio oil on my face after cleansing in the bath - wouldn't recommend it in the morning before going out but I've found it's really good for moisturising especially if you don't dry your face first :)

ive been doing this too, i tried it once to get the excess oil off my fingers and i found it works beautifully.

Do you know what I have always used Sudacream!

Trust me I put it on in the evening and the next day my skin is clear and as smooth as a babys bum, I swear by it and touch wood i never have had spots since i have been using it!

Kasey xx

I use boots botanics.

and sudocreme on the blighted areas, lol kasey, it is good stuff so long as you don't answer the door to the postman wearing it :D

I got a bit paranoid when I first found out I was pregnant and went out and bought organic shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. I had read something about parabens (I think?) not being good, and these are in most shampoos, etc. But then I realised there was no way I could afford to buy organic versions of all the creams, lotions, potions, etc that I use. I figure that not a whole lot of everything can be absorbed through our skins, plus there are so many things in the world that could affect us - pollution, other people's smoke fumes, pesticides on our foods, etc - that it's pretty much impossible to avoid everything and in some ways it's not worth worrying about otherwise we'd all go mad and lock ourselves in a bubble for 9 months!

If all else fails we have always got beer for out hair age old shampoo ha ha and well cheap! Get asdas own lol xx

I use No7 Age Rewind day cream. I've chucked the box away now that it came in so don't have an ingredient list. I'm going to check it out on their site.

Dont use medicated creams. The ones you mentioned above, like Adapalene are Retinols- Vitamin A derivatives. They are teratogenic and can cause fetal deformities. Keep away from those. Use hypoallergenic-non-medicated creams, if you have sensitive skin, use fragrance free stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->