what features and qualitirs do you want baby to inherit from you or the father?

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
I was thinking last night about how I would imagine our baby to be, both looks wise and personality wise. Has anyone else thought about this?

For us, looks wise we are not too different - both of us are on the lower end of average height, slim (not skinny) and with unathletic builds, so I guess that the probability is our baby would also be quite small. We are both fair skinned, but my boyfriend takes a great tan which I hope our baby would too due to my own worries about moles and skin cancer. We also both have light brown hair and bright blue eyes, as do everyone in both families, but my boyfriends eyes are huge and his eye lashes look like he has extensions in, they are amazing, and I really hope our baby gets his eyes.
Looks wise from me, I hope they get my teeth as they are really white, straight, and I have never had anything done to them. My family are all quite similar in the nose/mouth and I would like my baby to inherit that too.

Personality wise, I am quite independent and driven which I would like to pass to my baby. Boyfriend is very calm and never shouts or gets angry, and I would love my kid to be like that when they are older. I am less likely to follow the crowd than he is, and I hope my child isn't scared to be an individual either.

Has anyone else thought about this?

Physically: Hubby is tall and slim while I'm short and chubby, so I'm hoping our kids will be a normal height! Also hoping the boy/s will get hubby's facial shape - strong beautiful features. They'll probably have curly hair because we both have it (sorry babies), and hope they get his lush eyelashes.

Emotionally/Mentally: Hubby is very intelligent and has a thirst for knowledge, which is really nice. I'm very ambitious and strive to achieve my goals. I hope they get that. Our downsides are that we are both stubborn and get distracted easily. Hubby has mild autism and runs in his family through boys - kind of hoping that doesn't happen either, but it's manageable if it does. We're both very just, kind and compassionate, and I'm sure they'll get those traits from the way we raise them :)

Hubby's eyes, brains and olive skin :)

Don't want them to inherit his asthma and eczema.

We both have brown hair anyway.

From me....errr, I don't know. Taste in music ;-)

Hmm...

I'd be happy for our babies to have either his or my eyes, as his are shocking bright blue and mine are so brown they're almost black and I think my eyes are my best feature. Hubby's eyelashes are better than mine though, they're wasted on a man!

We both have wavy unmanageable hair, so they'll probably inherit that. I hope if we have a girl that she doesn't inherit hubby's early greying, but in a boy that's not so bad, hubby looks quite distinguished, and him and his dad both still have a full head of hair, though his Dad's is pure white and hubby's is about 50% each of dark brown and salt-and-pepper. My hair has quite a lot of red in it, which I'd quite like our kids to have.

I hope they get hubby's metabolism rather than mine, he can eat anything and never put on any weight, whereas I just have to look at chocolate and I put on half a stone. Hoping they don't get hubby's asthma, or my autoimmune problems and malfunctioning intestines.

We're both pretty intelligent, so hoping our kids inherit that, but I'm hoping they have more of my drive to succeed and knowing what they want to do with their lives careerwise, a defined passion, rather than hubby's contentment to drift along a bit! I'd definitely rather they inherit his calm disposition, but not his grumpiness, and definitely not my tendency to anxiety. Also hoping they get our sensible attitudes to money and saving, and that they like cooking and reading :) Hubby asked once, if our kids don't like reading, are we allowed a refund? :haha:

But, whoever they end up being, I hope our kids are just happy in their own skins, and we will do our best to bring them up to be who they are, not who we or anyone else thinks they should be.

OHs lovely curly locks. My height (I'm taller than OH...) and tempestuousness (if that's even a word). I don't want any of my kids to be shrinking violets!

I hope they get hubby's curly blonde hair :) mad I know they will be tall as we both are. I hope they get my brains and drive for work, and my mouth and teeth. I hope they don't get my metabolism and that they get that from my hubby, and I hope that they don't get hubby's temper lol! Hope they have blue eyes too :) I love thinking about what they might look like! Xxx

Hubby: 5'9/10, well built (was a sailor for 14 years) with big shoulders and narrow waist, super thick dark brown/auburn hair, bright blue/green eyes with flecks of gold around the pupils (whole family has them), crazy long/thick eyelashes that make him look like he's wearing mascara, early graying most prevalent in beard (sister is 27 with early gray Stacy London streak going on, father went gray early too), fuller lower lip than upper, beautiful teeth (never had braces), strong jaw, fair skin that can take a GREAT tan, delicate well tapered "French" nose

Me: 5'6 (mom is 5'10 dad is 6'1, sisters are 5'9, 5'10, and 5'11 - brothers are 6' - 6'3 and I blame my early coffee addiction on my lack of height), chunky but athletic, thick red hair, super large blue eyes, crazy thick long lashes (I have a double row of them top and bottom lids), super full lips with well defined cupid's bow, light ivory/peaches and cream complexion with thousands of freckles, 3 small freckle colored birth marks, tiny turned up (button) nose, square jaw (very dominant through my matriline)

We're both geeks, love to read, love the arts, I'm an artist, he's a profoundly good engineer/tech guy, we're both fiery with relatively explosive tempers, he's more rational where I'm more emotional, both have strong morals

Personality wise, I hope they take after both of us completely with a hint more of his rationality.

Physically, hoping for taller than me with red hair, freckles, my giant blue eyes, our crazy eyelashes, his great butt, my fuller bust, our narrow waists, combo of our noses, his teeth, my big hips, jaw and lips on a girl

On a boy? Obviously taller than me and a niiice combo of both of us with an emphasis on daddy's build, teeth nose and complexion - though more red in the auburn would be terrific.

I used one of those online blending programs, baby came out looking like Milla Jovovich. I can live with that!

My DH is tanned skin, hazel eyes and dark brown hair. I have blue eyes, brown hair, super fair skin and freckles...My daughter basically got the best of us both....DH has the most amazing angelina jolie lips...and my daughter has this...THANK god...since mine are non existant. I also had TERRIBLE teeth as a kid and needed braces(horse teeth in a small mouth) so it also looks like she's interited his mouth in general(thank god)...wow...I make myself sound kinda unattractive! lmao...Next kid it'll be the same crap shoot and I'll hope the same...get his face...on my very tall frame!!!hahahaha...My hubby is so pretty!!! hahaha...

But the COOLEST thing about having kids are the "weird" traits you don't even think to look for. Like...my daughter has my hubby's very strange hairline...and she has the identical birthmark that my brother has. Exact same one in the exact same spot....or like...how her ears are shaped...things that you don't notice right away but then see how DNA is such a crapshoot and things you don't even think about show up. Or how you'll look at your kid and realize they dont look like either of you....and DOES look like some other relative!! hahaha...regardless...it's awesome

My OH is tall, fairly well built and has blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm short, slim and have brown hair and green eyes. If we have a son, I would like him to be tall like my OH. If we have a daughter, I would hope she had my build. And I'd also like our children to have his hair, it's lovely and thick too, whereas mine is very fine. I like both our eyes though, so I wouldn't mind either way! OH has a cute nose too, so I hope they get that :haha:

Personality wise, OH is very patient, so I hope they get that. I am very studious and quite driven, which I think are good qualities. But, I was painfully shy when I was younger, so I hope they're a bit more outgoing like OH.

I totally know what you mean about other family members - my boyfriends niece who is three is his spitting image! She has his huge blue eyes - they really are massive, and his amazing long curly thick eyelashes, and his full lips, although she has a much more narrow mouth so it is like a little rosebud, she is just so adorable! Nothing like him personality wise. My cousins little one looks identical to me when I was younger, she has a really round head and my button nose, and my hair colouring and skin tone and eye colour - her mums hair is jet black and her dads is dark too, whereas she has fair colouring so it works well =]

Thought I would update this since I now have my wee one!

She is literally my twin, she is the palest little baby in the land,but she had jet black hair at birth which is now getting lighter. She has got piercing blue eyes and Lon curly eyelashes like her dad, but otherwise she is just like me.

I didn't realize this post was so old. lol I loved the idea of talking about it.

My hubby is 1/4 Guyanese and 3/4 Scottish. But there isn't a hint of black in him at all. He took all of the Scots looks. Brown hair, red beard and blue eyes and totally pale skin.

So i think it would be interesting if some of the Guyanese came through. I would love for our child to have my blue eyes (my favorite part of me and strangers have commented on them). Would love for them to be a ginger. definitely want them to have my toes. I have cute button, chubby toes and hubby has gangley toes. :haha:

My love of reading would be nice. And I would love for them to inherit my love of music and singing but to have more discipline in practicing than I do. lol

I hope they don't have my family's metabolism. Easy to put on weight, hard to take it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"