What formula to give when baby has solids?

louise85

Reaction score
Since Jackson has been eating solids, he's not taking much milk which I'm worried about. Today he has literally had around 12ozs although he will wake in the night for another 6ozs.

I'm wondering whether this is because his milk is hungry baby and whether I should change him to first milk or follow on?

Any advice?

xxx

I'm not sure if its due to him having the hungry baby milk, sorry. But I do know that babies are meant to be having at least 20oz milk per day up until they are 1, so your lo is not far off that target. To help him reach the 20oz's you could make up his cereal/porridge with an oz or two of milk or include it elsewhere in his meals x

You don't have to switch, but LO will naturally take less if filling up on food. You could try switching to either of the other types - both are less filling than HB. Keep an eye on LO's poos if you go for follow-on, as it can cause constipation.

If you can't get him to drink a bit more, try using some to make his food to bump up the quantities a bit.

Ah thats good then, he isn't far off 20ozs I thought it was more for some reason :dohh:

He's already struggling with constipation, he doesn;t drink any juice or water I think is why, so maybe I'll try thr first milk.

Thanks for your help ladies :flower:

Ellie dropped her milk to about 12oz for a while. I switched to follow on and she now has 20-26oz a day usually x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->