what happens after 6 months of failed clomid?

Good luck huni
Just after some advice, had an ultrasoud scan last week got pcos, even tho have periods there quite long around cd50 back to see gyno next week on what happens next!! She mentioned at my first appointment clomid and metroformin, but would you ask for 3months supply of clomid while she sorts an appointment out for a HSG or Lap and dye?? No idea wot difference is if u can explain to me so i know which one to request??

Only i dont wanna be given 6months of clomid if my tubes are blocked yet i do want something to help me ovulate sooner etc while maybe waiting for the lap and dye??
Any help be appreciated..
xx

Hi Beauty

HSG (or HyCoSi) stands for hysto sono gram (or something!). ITs a less invasive way of checking your tubes. Its starts a bit like a smear test and they put a catheter in , flush through some liquid and do a scan to see if they are clear. It is over quickly and it bloody hurts but you can be in an out in half a day. They did one on me and due to bowel gases (nice!) they couldn't see clearly so I had the Lap and Dye any way. This is done under a general aneasthetic and you need a good 5 days to recover afterwards.

Hope that helps!

Millnsy x

i know this thread hasnt been active for months but just wanted to update it and tell you that after 6 months of clomid that didnt work ive now had a lap done and been diagnosed with endometriosis, had the endo removed and organs put back where they should be etc. i had this done last week and now im recovering from it. im now waiting for my next af and then im going to be starting clomid again for 4 months and i have another gyno appointment in 4 months time to discuss what to do if this dont work! although im really positive that it will work! hopefully! fingers crossed! x

:dust:

Hi Dinky

ITs nice to see an update and sorry it hasn't worked for you yet. If there is anyway that you can choose to be referred to the QMC I think you should ask for it. Your journey so far is nearly the same as mine but they didn't waste time with more than 6 months of CLomid and they have moved me on to IUI now. Admittedly I really don't think the first round has worked (AF due tomorrow and I have cramps today).

You never know though, the LAp and Dye may have flushed out your system and you might get your BFP.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->