What happens if....

bambino156

Mummy
Reaction score
..my lo gets to 1 year old and is still not really eating? I keep having this recurring thought nagging at me. Has there been blw babies reach 1 that still aren't eating?

Hiii hun, DS is 14 months & I spoon feed him real food since we started weaning at 6.5 months. He was ok with all types of food when we started weaning but he wasnt a big eater & started to go on 3 meals (2 of them as snacks) at 8-9 months.

After his birthday he started to get fussy & refuse eating. He went for days eating only yoghurt.

Until now he only eats one very small proper meal at lunch (1-2 tbsp from what we'r eating & some days he refuses it) with 1 or 2 snack type meals (yoghurt, a cheese slice/stick or 1/2 scrambled egg) & anything between 7-15 oz of milk. He still doesnt pick up food to feed himself as he doesnt like eating.

If you are concerned you can help your LO by holding her food or handling it to her, pre-loading spoons, giving her bites from what you'r eating, etc. There is no right or wrong ways of weaning.

It's highly unlikely to happen. The older they get, the stronger their urge to copy us is! So that, if nothing else, should get LO eating something.

If LO is happy and healthy, a one year old would surely have a good reason for choosing a milk only diet. (I believe so, anyway.)

There's not a lot you can do anyway, if they don't want to eat, you can't force them (I am taking for granted here that you would, in all likelihood, have tried to spoonfeed or help them eat by then anyway)

I want to add that not eating much didnt affect Omar's growth, he's still a big baby at the 95-98th percentile for weight & height. He's healthy & reaching his milestones on time. As mum2b_claire mentioned, even if you try spoon feeding, if she's not hungry she will not eat. The 1st year is for fun, & even if they dont eat much by the age of 1 year, they'r eating what their body need, even if it's very little. I spoon feed as Omar is sooo lazy to pick up his food & eat & he hates the feeling of food on his hands. He also doesnt put random things in his mouth, so BLW was very difficult for us as his milk intake was too low since he was tiny & he needed some solids with his milk at 6.5 months when we started weaning. Dont worry she will eat when she's hungry. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->