What happens when your induced??

jenniferannex

Reaction score
well ive got an induction date for the 13th jan if my little lady isnt here by then, but just curious of how they actually do it, ive heard its a syringe that they put 'up there' and its pig sperm that they use, but ive heard lots of different things so could someone just point me in the right direction please?
hopfully i wont have to be induced but just curious!

thanks ladies!! :flower:

i had tablets inserted every 6hrs, still did nothing, on the 2nd day they broke my waters,on the 3rd i was on a drip giving me contractions, on that for 12hrs still nothin so i had a section x

i hope i dont have one cos ur just waiting for something to happen, and if nothing does i bet u get really restless! hopefuly she will come before! xx

yeh eat curries, have sex etc (morgan was fairly big and for some reason i just knew he werent guna come lol)

GL x

There are various methods including application of a gel to the cervix, pessaries and drip before getting to breaking of waters.

The gel to the cervix mimics the same hormones that would be found in semen hence why regular sex is often suggested as a natural way to get things going (my friend swears that sex every day for a week did the trick where a sweep didn't!).

I had an induction on 22nd December. They inserted a pessary behind the cervix - first time at about 11am and then again at 5pm. I think the plan was to then try a 3rd one at 9am the next day if nothing had happened but I developed pre eclampsia that evening so had my waters broken at midnight and was put on the drip to trigger contractions at 2am.

The pessaries weren't that bad although it was uncomfortable when they were put in. Fingers crossed you don't need to be induced and it all starts naturally before then.

I've been induced twice. Both times it was just pitocin through an IV drip since my cervix was already favorable. They start an IV and in an hour or so you will start to notice cramps which will begin to progress into contractions. They will adjust the pitocin up/down depending on how often your contractions come and once you get in a good pattern they will sometimes turn it off and let your body take over, though it was kept on for both of my inductions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->