What has more calories-special formula or supermarket formula

dippy

Reaction score
Just wondering what would contain more calories special formula infantrini nutriprem etc or normal shop bought sma cow n gate etc.
Just wondering..... Xxxx

infantrini/nutriprem etc definitely has more, thats what my LO was on in the hosp to help her put on weight and it was explained to us that it had way more calories per ml than breastmilk, then when we found out she may be lactose intolerant we were changed to Neocate which was explained to us had less calories as it had the same as supermarket 'normal' formula. xx

U think. I thought they jus put them on it cuz it has more vitamins and nutrients that preemies need-but calories wise maybe supermarket stuff. Well I sppose u got told by a professional so that must b ryt. Well that clears that up then...we'l stick to infantrini instead of changing her without consultant agreement. Lol
I'm sooo naughty sumtymz. It's jus I think her weight gain and size is affecting the physical aspect of growth in da sense of tryna crawl etc- she really wants to and lives it wen I stand her up tall she thinks shed taller than everyone else but then her legs give way and that's probably cuz she can't handle the weight on em.
Anyway I'm babblin now...try my luck to feed her in her sleep a cheeky 2 Ozs lol. Xxx

Defo infantrini hun. The two good preemie mum friends i met on neonatal still use it at 19 months.
We never got it, so it was a struggle for us but once she was eating proper food we had another jump in weight and shes been in proportion for her size ever since. The dietician can go through high calorie weaning with you (so full fat things, cheeses, wotsits, rusks, chips, fish fingers etc)

If you are worried I can scan the booklet we got on it last month and post it on here, its really helpful and has lots of suggestions

U think. I thought they jus put them on it cuz it has more vitamins and nutrients that preemies need-but calories wise maybe supermarket stuff. Well I sppose u got told by a professional so that must b ryt. Well that clears that up then...we'l stick to infantrini instead of changing her without consultant agreement. Lol
I'm sooo naughty sumtymz. It's jus I think her weight gain and size is affecting the physical aspect of growth in da sense of tryna crawl etc- she really wants to and lives it wen I stand her up tall she thinks shed taller than everyone else but then her legs give way and that's probably cuz she can't handle the weight on em.
Anyway I'm babblin now...try my luck to feed her in her sleep a cheeky 2 Ozs lol. Xxx

I wouldn't worry about her weight hindering her development. My lo is nearly 13 months corrected / 9 1/2 months adjusted and 3 weeks ago was only 13lb 14oz but she has consisently followed the line for the 0.4th centile so the consultants are happy. This hasn't stopped her rolling, crawling and as of a few days ago pulling herself up to standing in her cot & the sofa.

I hope this reassures you.

Ordinary formula is approximately 66 calories per 100ml, I'm not familiar with nutriprem but Connor is on nutrini high cal, which is 100 calories per 100ml.

*goes off to check in the kitchen*

NutriPrem2 has 75 calories per 100ml. Infatrini has 100 calories per 100ml.

Andrew's still on Infatrini at 18m actual (15m corrected), the dietitian says he can stay on it for as long as he'll drink it.

Yh is suppose ur ryt. I just want to help her as much as I can. Sandi that leaflet uv got would b ace for me. Im happy to try higher calorie meals.so yh I'd luv that leaflet. Y duznt my dietician offer us things like that. Oh I cnt wait for my bub to start crawling lifting rolling etc awww the thought makes me smile. Thanx ladies xxxx

Our dietitian suggested hiding calories in food - mix cream or un-salted butter into puree'd food and puddings, that kind of thing.

I wouldn't worry about her weight hindering her development. My lo is nearly 13 months corrected / 9 1/2 months adjusted and 3 weeks ago was only 13lb 14oz but she has consisently followed the line for the 0.4th centile so the consultants are happy. This hasn't stopped her rolling, crawling and as of a few days ago pulling herself up to standing in her cot & the sofa.

I hope this reassures you.

thats great go Holly go:thumbup:

Il get the scanner out today Hun and make a wee thread for anyone who might find it handy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->