What helped start your labour?

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
Just looking to help my poor sister and thought this would be the best place...

She's 40+5 and super uncomfortable. Baby has moved up again after being engaged and she feels likes she's suffocating. So far has tried all the usual stuff (hot curry, sex, walking) and is now using a birthing call to bounce on to try encourage labour. She got very swollen feet legs and hands (was monitored the other day as also had high BP and protein in her urine but all OK now)

anyone any other ideas? I know it's a waiting game but can see how frustrated she is. I had my two at 40+3 and 38+3 so didn't get this far

With my first I used clary sage oil when I was overdue and had her the next day ...

I started drinking a ton of raspberry leaf tea and using evening primrose oil at 37 weeks and went into labor on my own right at 38 weeks. It may have been coincidence, but I plan to do the same this time around.

I don't think anything will help until baby is ready but once your body is ready then some things help nudge it into action. Sex worked for me with our 1st but I was already 41+3.

I went overdue with both. Ten with my daughter and four with my son. I don't think we can send ourselves into labour as such. I don't believe any of the pineapple and raspberry tea things. Would of probably happened anyway. If these things worked nobody would be induced.

Other than a good walk and a good night's sleep I don't think there's much she can do. I feel for herm a few days seems forever at the time. Poor girl. With my son I had cramps for a few weeks in the evenings. I was calm in the day. Ate lots. Watched tele till gone id ight. Went to bed thinking I'd be pregnant for another few days. He was in my arms four hours later lol.

Good luck to her. Rest and walks and the waiting game.

Apparently sex helps too. But I wouldn't of been up for that's my pelvis aches loads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->