What helped you get your feelings out after a MC?

PocoHR

Reaction score
Hiya Ladies,

I had a miscarriage earlier this year (in April), and I reacted to it, in my opinion, in a strange way. I didn't go to the doctor, and I could barely admit to myself what had happened for about three months (and it took two more months to really talk about it with anyone else). Did anyone else have this experience or kind of reaction? For me, I was pregnant but hadn't found out yet, so no one, including myself, knew at the time. But, I had a MASSIVE horrible bleed (destroyed four pairs of pants in two hours) and a week after I miscarried I took a pregnancy test and there were hormones still left in my system and it was positive, so I knew then that I had lost a baby. But, even then it was like it didn't fully register in my head for a long time. I am better now and I can talk about it, but at first it was just too much. My initial extreme denial makes me worried that I still haven't really dealt with my feelings maybe. I'm not sure what to do, or how to get it all out. I hope that I am ok emotionally and not just repressing things. How have you all dealt with your feelings? What helped you get over it?

Hi PocoHR,

I didn't want to read and run.

So sorry for your MC. :hugs:

Everyone deals with MC differently, with my first I didn't tell anyone apart from my DH and I got upset for a day then after that it was as if it never happened and I carried on without anyone knowing.

It was only until I was pregnant again that I started to talk about my MC to friends and family and only then did I seem to acknowledge it properly because I saw how upset they got.

I think I just needed time to come to terms with it, and when I was ready to accept that I had MC, I started talking more about it.

x

Thanks for your response, its nice to read that someone else was quiet about it. I had a really difficult time talking about it at all at first. And not because I would burst into tears, but just because it was uncomfortable.

Maybe just the fact that I can talk about it now means I am more or less ok. I think acupuncture helped me a lot, to be able to deal properly.

I am so sorry you lost two, I couldn't imagine. I hope you get a real sticky bean soon.

:dust:

:hugs:

Sorry for your loss!

Everyone does react differently and I think you are taking a great first step talking about it. Only my DH and I know about our 2nd and 3rd mcs because telling family was just to hard for us. This site has helped a lot!

Hi I am sorry to hear of your losses.

I found out last monday the 18th at my routine dating scan (13 weeks) that the baby had not developed but there was an empty sac. Had a d & C on friday. Have spoken to my very close friends about it, one of whom has had a miscarriage. I felt that it has helped me talk, but i now seem to have clammed up. Because i have had the d & C the reaction has been i am glad its over for you. It isnt though is it. Am trying very hard not to cry today. I feel at the moment i am putting on a brave face, especially as there are a lot of people i know pregnant, particulary at work. Also my family are upset and i feel that its my fault. Don't think there is a right or wrong way to deal with it is there.

Thank you have been searching baby and bump for stories of losses and how people are, felt that i could post on this one. Hope thats ok. XX

so sorry to hear about all ur mc but i am a tiny bit happy that people felt the way i did im 21 an i found out i was pregnant nearly two years ago in november it was a shock but i was excited and so was my boyfriend and family, i went for my 12 week scan an they said they couldnt see the baby i had to have another scan 2 weeks later but the nite before i woke up in puddle of blood an the pain got excutiating but i reacted the same as some of u. my bf wanted to take me to hospital but i didnt want tyo go as i k new i had lost it then the pain was so unbearable i cant really remember much this all happened the day before xmas eve it was the worst day of my life! sorry to blabber on but i have never really been alowed to talk about it everyone just says so many people have them an basically get over it but it is so hard to get over xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->