what helps u relax an get to sleep at night?

MummyNovember

Hubb,DS & DD =]
Reaction score
As im nearing my due date an the spontaneity of labour knocking on the door getting ever closer I find im unable to be calm, and keep panicking. At night its at its worst because that's when the worst if my braxtons an general aches an pains flare up. I was wondering what ppl do to calm themselves into sleep? Its driving me mad now not being able to get to sleep for hours on end!!

I'll be stalking this thread as I feel I have tried everything... Horlicks, bath, reading, getting OH to give me a massage.
It's rubbish isn't it!! I dread to see what I'll be like when I get to your stage!

Heat and massage.

I have had the worst time trying to sleep. There are times for three days straight I get maybe two hours of sleep at night. And the only thing that even allows me to get those two hours is heat or hubby giving me a massage. So much easier to get the heat though. LOL

I was heating rice bags in the microwave but recently got a large heating pad, I lay my legs on it and it helps tremendously. Or I bunch it up under my back and that really helps. It took me awhile to try heat because I am always hot so it seemed like the opposite of what would help but it really is my best friend right now. Any place you have discomfort, tightness, or pain, I would put the heat and it will help you relax. When I lay my legs on the heading pad my entire body relaxes.

Good luck I know lack of sleep can be torturous.

I find the breathing/relaxation techniques I picked up in yoga a few years ago have really helped me sleep.

They say to lay down, tense and hold your muscles for 10 secs x3 then from your toes up to tge top of your head, slowly imagine the muscles going into deep relaxation. Its almost like they're heating up and sinking into the bed. Haven't got much further than my thighs before I've nodded off!

Also try breath in through one nostril and out through the other, alternating each breat (you need to hold the other nostril closed though lol!)

I do this for ten breaths (in and out) then the muscle thing and find it sends me off.

Good luck xx

My mind whirrs when I lay down to sleep, and the longer I'm awake, the more irritated I also am by my aching parts! So, I stick on my comfort viewing, Friends on the laptop on low volume and shut my eyes and just listen as I fall asleep. Works for me! xxx

A few different ways to try :)stickylizard I do something similar sometimes. My husbands on nights so I put the vampire diaries on on low volume, but then the sound irritates me lol I had just started drifting off last night after 2hrs of tossing an turning, then baby kicks my bladder! Some astonishing words came out my mouth lol then my 18 month old woke me up shouting HEY MUM MUM down the baby monitor at 4 this morning lol I just went in his room, look at him an said I Don't Think So! & laid him back down again lol

heating pad to curb the back pain and rainbow relaxation music designed for hypnobirth. that stuff is amazing!

I crochet. Turns my brain off completely and the monotony of it makes me tired. In a couple weeks, i will have a beautiful blanket made for DS1 - bonus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->