What if NT scan is just slightly too early?

Elhaym

It's a girl :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just a small niggle but I've been wondering. I had a dating scan yesterday which put me at 7w1d (thought I was 8w going by LMP). My NHS NT scan is already booked for the 30th June when I would have been 11w5d, but now with the adjusted dates I'll only be 10w6d - one day too early! :dohh:

Can they do the NT scan then, or will they ask me to come back for another scan? Alternatively I can hope bean catches up by just a day, I know they grow at different rates and he/she will hopefully have a growth spurt - I only need one day!

Has anyone been in a similar situation? x

I would ring up and ask them and they might change it for you. My MW said that if they can't do the NT scan then they will just tell you to come for the blood test at 15 weeks.

Oh bugger, so I might miss out on it then? Come on little bean, grow a little bit faster!

I could ring them but I didn't tell them I was going for a private scan, I hope they don't mind :blush:

Hey hun, I had scan a week or so ago and I was only 10 + 6, the earliest they can do it is 11 + 2 so I am going back for an nt scan at 13 + 5 because that's when they can get me in. So technically I get an extra scan but it's up to u whether u want to
Call and change x

If I was you I wouldn't say anything. Like you say your LO might catch up by then, plus if it doesn't then you might get a second scan out of it :)

If I was you I wouldn't say anything. Like you say your LO might catch up by then, plus if it doesn't then you might get a second scan out of it :)

I think that's what I'll do :thumbup: more than likely I can make up that 1 day, and if not I still have almost 3 weeks to fit the next scan in! x

Oh bugger, so I might miss out on it then? Come on little bean, grow a little bit faster!

I could ring them but I didn't tell them I was going for a private scan, I hope they don't mind :blush:

I don't think they will mind, they will probably be glad that you can make sure now that the NT scan is at the right time.

Edit, oh sorry it's only one day, I don't think it will matter then but if they are really strict on it try and get in for another =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->