What if the egg gets fertilized, but doesn't implant at all?

However, I've heard usually if fertilization does happen, implantation isn't that hard. In fact implantation almost always happens after fertilization

Hmm, I was thinking about it yesterday. If implantation is really the easy part, then how come they usually put at least 2 embryos during IVF treatment, often more than that hoping that at least 1 implants. I know it's not the natural fertilization process, but on the other hand, they pick best eggs and best :spermy: and best embryos.

Selenium is supposed to be good for aiding implantation as it helps thicken the womb lining. It can be found in brazil nuts.

As far as I was always told, a chemical pregnancy IS a fertilised ovum that DOESN'T implant.

As the zygote produces tiny amounts of HCG from the tiny amount of cells that are preparing to get implantation underway and become placental tissue, they can 'trick' sensitive pregnancy tests into producing a positive result, especially with an FMU. if implantation occurs, and the pregnancy is lost, it's technically an EMC.

Hope that helps xxxx

a chemical pregnancy does implant, its called a "chemical" because the only evidence of the pregnancy is a positive pregnancy test as its too early to see anything on scan, a chemical is just another name for an early miscarriage, I did alot of research on this at the beginning of this pregnancy! x x

a chemical pregnancy does implant, its called a "chemical" because the only evidence of the pregnancy is a positive pregnancy test as its too early to see anything on scan, a chemical is just another name for an early miscarriage, I did alot of research on this at the beginning of this pregnancy! x x

Ahhhhh well that's not what they teach you in uni! Bang on that the only evidence of pregnancy is the small amount of HCG produced tho xxxx

Bump! I was just wondering this...I got a clear light positive in my test but then I got my period. How confusing and upsetting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->