What is going on?!?!

jessmke

Reaction score
For a while now Isla has been on a fairly consistent schedule:

7 am - wake
9/9:30 am - 45 min nap
1:30/2 pm - 1.5 hr nap
6:30/7 pm - bed

The last week or so she is fighting her naps like crazy, and when I would get her down she would only sleep for about 20-30 min. The last two days I haven't been able to get her down for her morning nap until after 10:30 am. This morning she napped from 10:30 am - 12pm, and I have just spent and hour from 3-4 pm trying unsuccessfully to get her to go down for another nap but she is refusing. She honestly doesn't seem tired, no rubbing her eyes and is not cranky or yawning. I can't imagine she is ready to transition to a one nap schedule, it is way too early and she isn't even close to sleeping through the night (awake at least 4 times, usually 6), so I know she needs to make up for that sleep somewhere. Is this a phase? Do I persist in encouraging the two naps, or just put her down when she legitimately seems tired even if that means just one nap? I'm worried about her being overtired and having even more wake ups in the night.

I went through something similar at that age, except my baby was a bit cranky over missed / late naps. I just kept trying for 2 naps. Honestly sometimes we still only have one nap but then bedtime just comes a bit earlier.

I went through something similar at that age, except my baby was a bit cranky over missed / late naps. I just kept trying for 2 naps. Honestly sometimes we still only have one nap but then bedtime just comes a bit earlier.

My son only ever napped once a day for an hour at this age but doing some research babies from 9/10 months old only really need to nap 2-2.5 hrs total at any point during the day esp if they are starting to sleep through the night abit better doing 10-12hrs even if they wake once or twice, her nap pattern could simply be changing now

Both of my kids had a nap refusal thing at 10-11 months. With Thomas I went with it as I didn't know about it, with Sophie I persisted with two naps and she went back to having them just fine. She didn't actually drop her second nap till 15 months after that.

My DD is doing something similar. She fights her naps like crazy and then only has 30 minutes tops. I can sometimes get her to go down for a another 30 minute nap. Other times she won't resulting in her having 30 minutes all day. She's fairly good at night though so I can't complain too much.

Thanks guys, sounds like it is a phase so I am going to keep trying for two naps. I am not ready for her to drop the morning nap because I need a nap at that time as well, especially when I go back to work as my shifts are 2 pm - midnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->