What is my OB looking for?(early u/s)

emicakess

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows what my OB is looking for? She ordered me to have an early ultrasound because I have had a missed miscarriage before. I totally understand that. What I am confused about is why so early? From my understanding you can just barely see the starting of something at 5 weeks? My ultrasound is scheduled when I will be 5+4. Is that really going to show if things is going right/wrong? What is she looking for?

That's pretty early!! With my last pregnancy I was sent for a dating scan at 5 weeks 3 days and they couldn't even see a heart beat yet so I had to go back 4 weeks later to get measurements and see a heart beat!! No idea what they'd be looking for at 5 weeks 4 days

Thats what I am worried about, that its just going to be a waste of time and leaving work early!

It may be, it may not be!! It's hard to say, some people do actually see a heart beat shortly after 5 weeks!! I'm being sent for an early dating scan as well but have decided not to book until I'm over 6 weeks (I'll be 6 weeks on thursday) so probably the following week just because I don't want to go early again and hardly see anything and have to go back in a couple weeks!!

lots of people see nothing that early and even if you do see something it would be like a dot..
i would think it would worry you more then anything and would push for at least a week later...

xx

They will be looking at the size of the gestional sac and yolk sac and making sure it's in utero x

It would be a dating scan, I would push it forward at least a week, theres not point in going in any early. The place I get my scans at wont scan you unless you are at least 6 + 5

Possibly checking if it's not ectopic and that the ges and yolk sac are present. I saw a HB at 6 weeks but anything before is probably too small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->