What is NTNP to you??

Jld8887

Trying To Conceive
Reaction score
Because me and hubby just stopped using BCP this last month and he pulls out, after reading so much I'm guessing I'm never going to get pregnant this way?

Are y'all using the pull out method or just not charting Etc?

I personally see it as having sex without using protection (condoms, birth control, etc.) while also not charting, temping or taking ovulation tests. Just going with the flow and seeing what happens.
You could get pregnant using the pull-out method if you're fertile. I don't know exactly when I ovulate, I just guess. But I'm in a safe place to be doing this. No one should use the pull-out method unless they wouldn't mind getting pregnant and can take care of a child.
Whatever path you're on, good luck to you!

We are waiting due to lack of space, but other than the space restriction we are okay. Either way we will be getting our house this year. This was just agreement between hubby and I.

I still want some hope I could get pregnant, until the time we actually start trying harder... I'm baby crazy NOW! lol

It's just, when I hear how long people have tried..... I never knew it could be that hard... I always feared it happening so easily at the wrong times... Now that its the right time I'm scared how hard it may be... :(
One time our condom broke before the use of BCP and nothing happened... Which I was glad for then... Now I'm like... Well damn it may not be an easy thing

We were using the pull out method for 2 years and never got pregnant. So it is possible. We just never like condoms. But we just started trying so bye, bye pull out method!

I know what you mean. We try for so long not to get pregnant but when the time comes and we want to have a baby, it seems to take forever. You never know what will happen. I've only been off birth control for 3 months, going on 4 pretty soon, and it feels like it's been way longer. That's just how it goes, I guess. As scary as it is, we just have to wait.

We are currently not really trying, but not at all preventing. We used condoms and pull out for almost 3 years. A few scares, but never a BFP (lots of testing). When we got married in October, we decided to stop all "birth control" altogether. I started charting this month so I could better understand my cycle, but that's really it. We just DTD when we want to, regardless of what part of my cycle we are in (we both have kind of a high drive... Probably me a bit more than him :blush: ). I still say we are NTNP simply because we aren't actively trying. If it happens, great; if it doesn't, great.

Well we are using the withdrawal method too..... though I know that there is a chance, because we had a small oops..... But if you are trying to get pregnant than maybe not the best method....

Well I thought we were doing the pull out but hubby is.... Um not pulling out. Lol.

We didn't really talk about it and I'm not complaining ;)

We are using the pull-out method, but I'm also charting because I love knowing what's going on with my cycle. I always know when I'm ovulating, IF I've even ovulated at all that cycle, when I should expect my period, whether I'm pregnant or not based just on my temps.. it's GREAT.

And also just so you know, I got pregnant from the pull-out method, so it is possible :winkwink: If they don't go pee between the last time you had sex and the next time, there are still sperm in their pre-ejaculate. And sometimes they simply just don't pull out in time. So yes, it is harder, but it is still possible!

I guess it just depends on the person/how "good" the guy is using the pull out method :winkwink:
I refused to be on BCP for a very long time, and never got pregnant with the pull out method (and at time when I really did NOT want to get pregnant and there was an oops, I would take the morning after pill).

For me NTNP is what blushin said in her post - having sex without any sort of protection (hence also not using the pull out method), but not actively doing anything to pinpoint ovulation etc.

for me its not using bc or protection but not actively trying or keeping track of OV,

I'm not sure that using the pullout method is NTNP...it is more along the lines of not effectively preventing and definitely not trying. I'm guessing you and your partner have a combination of mixed feelings and lack of communication. Not that there is anything wrong with that...but it is much better to be in solid agreement. Otherwise you risk having him seriously resentful when the pullout method fails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->