What is Rubella-IgG (Serum/CMIA) ??

apms

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to conceive our #1. I went to gyno after trying for 6 months and she asked me to do some tests.

One of the test was Rubella-IgG (Serum/CMIA)

I just got the report and it says

REACTIVE (45.7)

My doctor appointment is in 2 days so just wanted to know if it is anything which is not getting me pregnant? what it is actually? :cry:

The rubella test is done to see if you are immune to rubella, as it can be very dangerous for your baby if you were to get rubella whilst pregnant but it would not cause you to not be able to get pregnant, it would just be advisable to not get pregnant before making sure you are immune. So they are just being careful :)

As far as I know, the fact that you are 'Reactive' shows that you have anti-bodies in your system against rubella which means you are immune/vaccinated against it. However, I am not 100% so best to check this out at your next appointment.

Please try not to worry <3

rubella is a virus

IgG = immunoglobulin Gamma - which is basically a white blood cell that 'eats' viruses (it means your immune and safe if you are reactive)

it means you have probably had your MMR jab (measles, mumps and rubella)

as said above rubella (German measles) can be dangerous if you get it when pregnant so they check to make sure everyone has been inoculated as a child but even if you hadn't you can still physically get pregnant though

they check because when pregnant your immune system starts to shut down so your body doesn't accidentally kill/reject the baby which means its easier to catch things like measles, meningitis and flu

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->