What is the best cream or oil to prevent stretch marks? I'm a size 2

Karimelo17

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm petite at size 2. I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions for preventive stretch mark cream or oil. Or what's the difference? I've been reading that a lot if women use Spoiled Mama, but wanted to hear from women who have gone through their pregnancy using creams and what was the outcome. Please share🙏

Hi there,

With DS I used bio oil and palmers stretch mark cream, plus just my normal moisturiser that I would use after a shower. I still got stretch marks tho, on my abdomen down low. But I only really got them in the last 2 weeks.
My midwife and doctor both told me that if you're going to get them, you'll get them regardless of what kind of creams you use tho, and that the creams usually can help how deep they'll be in your skin.
I've also read that it's hereditary, but I personally don't think it is. Everyone is different.
Xx

Unfortunately you can't prevent them. I used every oil and cream there was daily and still ended up covered. It's genetic, so if you're gonna get them, you're gonna get them.

Agree with the others, I used it twice a day with my first and still got them. I'm also very petite so I think it doesn't help

My mum used apricot kernel oil for all 5 of her pregnancies. Not 1 mark on her tummy. She is prone to them but she didn't get any.
I used it for my 1st and didn't get any on my tummy, just on my boobs and upper thighs where i didn't think to use the oil ( its amazing where you can get stretch marks during pregnancy) i also used it with my 2nd but not as much as i dod with my 1st. And i got a heap of them.

Zinc and balanced hormones.
Stretch marks happen mainly because of hormones causing the fat to not distribute evenly while stretching. And also a lack of nutrients and minerals mainly zinc.
For balanced hormones it can help to avoid factors that disrupt hormones. Certain plastics, cosmetics containing endocrine disruptors, low quality foods.
I did not use any cream on my stomach and no stretch marks.

I didn't bother with creams because most of the research shows they don't really make a difference.

They're scars, so don't put weight on too quickly and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated naturally. I only got one tiny, barely there stretch mark below my belly button, and I'm prone to stretch marks! Just keep it slow and steady through your pregnancy. :flower:

Although I didn't gain a ton of fat, ate well and chugged water, I couldn't control the amount of amniotic fluid my dd insisted on having so I had a massive water balloon belly...which meant I got a ton. ( I'm thin too) My mom got a ton so i knew I would, too. No lotion or cream is going to help. Just because you're a size 2 doesn't mean you'll get them. My friend is tiiiiiny ( thin, small frame, short) but her belly at 40 weeks looked like mine at 25 so she got 0! You never know!

Oh I just saw that about the size 2. I totally would not worry about that, just because you're smaller you won't get stretchies more easily. Idk what a size 2 is exactly but I wear a H&M size Extra Small or Small, Waist cir. 23" and a few...I went over 42 weeks so my belly was big, yet not the hint of a stretch mark and after some my stomach looked like before (no work outs). It really depends on the individual.

I don't think there is a cream or oil to prevent them, it just depends on the individual really. With my ds I used bio oil and have been doing the same so far with this pregnancy.

I'd agree with others and say generally if you're going to get them, they are hard to avoid. Keeping yourself hydrated and managing weight are the only things my OB said will help. I'm thin, only gained 24 lbs, and while I had zero stretch marks on my due date, the six days I went over led to a TON of stretch marks on my belly. My mom got loads so I was prepared to get them. My only issue was how badly they itched! I tried a cream from a wellness shop, but I was apparently allergic to it and got a terrible rash... Making the itching worse. So, go ahead and find a cream you like, but it'll probably only help keep you more comfortable as opposed to keep you from getting them.

I'm not bothered by them. They are just part of the many changes my body experienced in becoming a momma. :)

I have a friend whose husband made a big deal about making sure she used a cream to avoid them (he's kind of a tool), and took credit for her not getting any... but she delivered quite early, so her belly never even got to full size!

I used various oils with DS and stayed stretch mark free right until 8 months, was just a few small ones that appeared. I actually got loads more when I lost the baby weight afterwards.

Agree with the thing of 'if you're going to get them you're going to get them'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->