what is this immense shooting ache behind my upper ribs?

GeorgeyGal

Reaction score
Last night I was begging OH to call an ambulance, for 30mins I had this intense ache behind my ribs, I was squirming in pain and all I could was concentrate on my breathing, it was continuous (was worse than back to back labour!!), I kinda massaged down my rib cage and took a paracetamol and the pain slowly went. Im terrified Ill get it again, what could it be?

Thanks, maybe its trapped wind, I hear you can get pain in your ribs because of this. v scary though! I dont think there's much point going docs because Im ok now and there's nothing to show iykwim and Im not hurting anywhere now.

I have heard of people going to hospital thinking they are having a heart attack when it was just indigestion, just goes to show how something so simple can be really painful. x

sounds like indegestion or gallstones if the pain was that bad.
if it happens again get to hospital to be checked out
x

I had the same thing and went to hospital thinking I had broken a rib or something (had a fall a few days before) and I was told that it was because my muscles had gotten a chill, doctor said it's quite common when it's sunny but cold and windy because people don't wrap up easily, I get it nearly every year now around October. Try putting a heat pad on it if you get it again =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->