What is this Rash * UPDATED* PURPLE MARKS WONT DISSAPEAR?

julietz

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this rash it please, its in his scalp to, buttox and groin, stomach, back but not on arms or legs, went the doctors last week, but his doctor was on holiday so he seen a foreign temp doctor, who said it was an allergy and gave him chlorafenimine, its been a week since and its got worse, i cant take him back to docs until Wed because its closed, as you can see there are no heads, its just like clusters, he says its a bit itchy to any ideas? They are flat not raised spots, more like blotches, i thought if it was an allergy it would go by now not get worse, especialy with the chlorafenamine, we have nothing new in the house he could be allergic to.

UPDATED - Rash has settled right down now to crusty patches of skin only faintly there, but he has had purple marks they are like love bites appearing over his body, they will not dissapear when i roll a glass over, before i panic there are no other symptoms, he is fit and well in him self, but he has had these marks on his neck, groin, and hip which went the following day, now he has it on his back, i am asuming that will go to like the others, but why is he getting these marks like blood under the skin, going to take him back to docs tomorow.

Attachments

• P6020074.JPG
    P6020074.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 32
  • P6020075.JPG
    P6020075.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 59
  • P6020077.JPG
    P6020077.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 31
do they move around as in not stay in the place you first see them? as i had a very bad allergy after coming out of hospital and mine looked like that but went to different places i itched so so so bad to the point i couldnt move as it set it off, mine lasted 4fours to completley go. and i was on really strong antihisamines 4 times a day! x

did it start with one patch first then spread?

it could be pityriasis rosea - nothing to worry about if it is
x

I would get him checked out now really as if he is getting purple marks just to be on the safe side x

So sry i didnt update, it was caused by the allergy, because its itchy, he had been rubbing to make these marks, now the rash completely gone, he not itchy no more, and no more marks, just glad he is back to himself :)

I'm glad he's ok now. We had a scare with DD recently the rash didn't go with the glass test and spread fast, we panicked and waited hours at hosp, it turned out to be something called HSP Henloch Schoenlein Purpurea which no one seems to have heard of. Thankfully not ominous but very alarming and apparently not too uncommon so one to be aware of!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->