What is your bedtime routine?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a suitable bedtime routine for miss Savannah.
At the moment i'll feed her and put her into bed... If she wakes up and sooks, i'll put the mobile on, if that doesn't work then i'll feed her again and try again after checking her nappy etc.

I tried bathing her but she screams bloody murder when I take her out. Really don't know why, it's not cold or anything...

Anyways share your bedtime routine, plus bubs age and if ff or bf. :)

I dont bath every night... I spend the evening cuddling with her, then at her feed around 10 I put her to bed... seems to work, but she has been in her crib since a week old... she is ff.

We cuddle and listen to music and she feeds. She's starting to want to stay awake from 8pm-1am now so she's slowly getting out of her 11pm-3am awake time! I did baby massage tonight with Aveeno Baby for Bedtime and she was out like a light.

I don't bathe her every night either. 3xs a week, but I sponge bathe her every day. I don't want to dry her skin out.

I don't bath Jasmine every night either. she has top and tails and a bath four times a week

My LO used to scream also in the bath when he was Savannah's age but now he loves them...i also don't bath my baby every night as he has fairly bad skin condition...xx

my LO used to always scream when he got out of his pre bed bath too, until we brought it much earlier. He was overly tired and just being grumpy. Getting him dried and dressed was a nightmare.

Our routine now:

4.45 - 5 - feed
5 - 6 play time
6.15 - bath then dry, moisturise all over (sort of a massage i suppose!)
6.40 - feed
7.00 - baby usually falls asleep feeding adn i pop him into bed.
7.20 - unfortunately he usually wakes up and I refeed him and pop him down again.
I really want to get rid of this last stage!

I am thinking of making bath time even ealier as i'm sure he's still overly tired by bedtime. I think bedtime could eventually be 6.30 or even 6.

my LOs feed isnt until 9 or 10 and Im not strict with what time I put her to bed... cos i found if i tried too early she only woke in the middle of the night (not for food) but for play time!!

We dont have a routine as such but she has her feed a little play... she has recently been sitting in her bumbo whilst ive been wrapping prezzies lol!! Then when she get grizzly i put her down and i only have to go in a couple of times for dummy duty before she nods off for the whole night :)

It doesn't matter what time Savannahs bath is, she'll still scream after it. She loves being in the water, but even if I leave her in there long enough for her to sook to get out she'll still scream after it. The only thing that stops it is a feed, even if i've just fed her before the bath.

well i put summer to bed at 10 and normaly i got to bed at that time and my son goes to bed at 6 and he gets up at 9 in mornin somtimes later and my daughter gets up once in night and then in morning x

Wow! I hope Savannah sleeps til 9 when she's your sons age!!

4:00 - home from picking carly up and time to feed Ella.

Play until 7:00 when its dinner time ( its quite late but OH doesnt come home till then so i like being all together and so the children see him )
Anyway Bootle feed ella and some dinner for her.
7:30 - Change into her PJs , fresh nappy and put her in her sleepbag and button that up.

8:00 - Have a quick cuddle on the sofa and once i know she rubs her eyes or sucks her thumb i put her straight in her cot and say 'night night princess' ( i have said this since birth so she knows that its bed and i wont come back ) and she is asleep till around 8:00 am.

Ella is coming up 8 months and she is FF .

Sam is ff. I bath him every other night. If its a bath night, I´ll usually bath him around 6.30 - 7.00, then snuggle together and have his bottle. He´ll usually fall asleep on me for a bit and then I put him into his cot. He´ll usually stir at this point, but generally I leave the bedside light on for him (he´s still in our room), put his mobile on and he´ll fall asleep on his own. Sometimes have to go in a few times and sing to him or put his dummy back in.

If its not a bath night, I use the time that he would normally be in the bath to read stories to him, then bottle and bed. He was sleeping through up to a few weeks ago, but we seem to be having a growth spurt, so he´s been waking up sometimes twice a night for a feed. In the process of experimenting with formula amounts at the moment, to get him sleeping back through again.

It doesn't matter what time Savannahs bath is, she'll still scream after it. She loves being in the water, but even if I leave her in there long enough for her to sook to get out she'll still scream after it. The only thing that stops it is a feed, even if i've just fed her before the bath.

oh yes Teddy always works up a hunger in the bath too.

It doesn't matter what time Savannahs bath is, she'll still scream after it. She loves being in the water, but even if I leave her in there long enough for her to sook to get out she'll still scream after it. .

Jasmine does the same thing!!!

My routine most nights is:

5.30-6.00-Dinner Jar
6.15-Bath
6.30-Cuddle and watch Hollyoaks (tut tut)
7.00- Sits with us while we have dinner
7.30-Calm down and bottle
7.45-Go into bedroom with lights off, put in cot with mobile on
8.00-8.30-Depending on how tired she is she will fall asleep between these times.

While she's in her cot with her dummy in and mobile on, 90% of the time she will drop off by herself which I'm pleased about :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->