• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is your honest first reaction to these names?

Monix

Reaction score
We are having trouble (like everyone) with a baby boy name. We both like the names Tor or Ash. I like them as nicknames but feel like they need a longer form and then we can shorten them, but my husband doesn't like Torsten, Torin, Ashley, and there is already an Ashton in our tiny town so that won't work.

What do you think of Tor or Ash on their own? Do you know of any other long forms of either??

Thanks so much!

I know a guy called Torin, I think it's a neat name. I'm not that keep on Tor by itself, it doesn't really sound like a complete name to me. I think Ash would work on its own, but does it really matter if there's already an Ashton in your town? Most people run across someone else with the same name eventually.

I know a guy called Torin, I think it's a neat name. I'm not that keep on Tor by itself, it doesn't really sound like a complete name to me. I think Ash would work on its own, but does it really matter if there's already an Ashton in your town? Most people run across someone else with the same name eventually.

Thanks! I feel the same, it doesn't feel like a complete name to me :)

It wouldn't matter, but Ashton is the same age and becoming good friends with my older son so it might be awkward...

Tor just sounds like a mispronunciation of Thor to me, I don't really like it as a stand alone name.

What about Asher for a longer form of Ash?

Tor just sounds like a mispronunciation of Thor to me, I don't really like it as a stand alone name.

What about Asher for a longer form of Ash?

I agree, I like it as a shortened name but not on its own but none of the longer forms really suit us.

I do like Asher, however my first son's name is Iver and I'm worried the ER ending sounds too matchy. It might end up going that way though.

Tor just sounds a bit made up to me, im not keen on Torin or Torsten either. Quite like Torbin though.

I like Ashley more than Ashton and like Ash as a nn but not as a stand alone name.

I don't like Tor (although do as a nickname) - I used to have a friend called Victoria, and she called herself Tori, maybe something like Victor? Although honestly I'm not keen on that either! Lol! I really like Ash though!

I have seen Tor shortened for Victoria, I don't think I like it as a stand alone name. I do quite like Ash as a name on it's own, though. :)

Ash works on it's own, but Tor not so much. Torin is cool?

I think both of them sound too short. Like a nickname. To be honest I'm not so keen on Tor as a name, ash I like but asher/Ashley as main name

I know of a Torben, so that could work for nn Tor. I'm not sure you could get away with using Tor on its own though. Ash would work if you didn't want a longer name, but I always think of Ashley

Toben is interesting... I haven't thought of that one I think I like it the most. But I'm starting to move away from these 2 names. I think I was just excited my husband and I almost agreed on something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->