• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is your toddler's favourite storybook?

calm

Reaction score
At present, my two love Penguin by Polly Dunbar. They enjoy it so much, and get so excited every time we read it. What is your LO's current favourite story?

Anything with lift the flaps is a hit with dd, dear zoo, acorn wood etc. She also likes all her peppa pig books! The boys like Julia Donaldson and they're enjoying the good dinosaur at the moment but I only read part of it each day

My two like lift the flaps too, though they seemed more into it when they were a bit younger. They do like Dear Zoo though seemed to prefer the series on Buster. Also very into Peppa Pig books, they love the one about the fire engine, they like saying "Fire Fire!" and pretending to be Daddy Pig :haha:

Lex loves rhyming books so 'oi frog' and the sequel 'oi dog', Dr seuss' 'Cat in the hat'

My 2.5yr old loves 'We're going on a bear hunt' and also the classics such as 3 little pigs, goldilocks, gingerbread man, little red riding hood.

My kids love Julia Donaldson books, tiddler, the snale on the whale, zog, the highway rat. We pretty much only read Julia Donaldson now as there so obsessed

Gruffalo and gruffalo child still firm favs with my ds2 but he will have anything read to him, my faves at the moment are the Alfie stories. Ds1 loves the faraway tree series, roahl Dahl and horrid Henry. Ds2 will happily sit and listen when I read chapter books to ds1.

Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see? She's loved it for a while now!

Gruffalo, gruffalo child, room on the broom and stick man are still firm favourites here but DS also lives tiger who came to tea and the mog books.

There are some great ideas there, I just adore books, and children books more than any other. When I was TTCing I used to dream of reading books with my children, its such a precious moment :cloud9:

Gruffalo, gruffalo child, room on the broom and stick man are still firm favourites here but DS also lives tiger who came to tea and the mog books.

I have the Judith Kerr books on my shelf but haven't shown them to the twins yet, I might have a go see if they are old enough!

Oh definitely, even if they don't follow the story they will love the pictures. We had a calendar of the tiger who came to tea with all the illustrations and DS loved it so much we cut it up and framed the pictures for his bedroom.

The mog books were my favourites as a child and sharing them with DS was something I dreamed of.

Anything with rippable pages, lol! She used to like eating board books but she much prefers ripping paper ones now.

Anything with rippable pages, lol! She used to like eating board books but she much prefers ripping paper ones now.

One of my two used to eat the board books :wacko: Do rippable pages exist on purpose or do you just mean normal ones? :haha:

One of my two used to eat the board books :wacko: Do rippable pages exist on purpose or do you just mean normal ones? :haha:

Just normal ones. We have been through three copies of The Tiger Who Came to Tea - she ripped the first one (tearing whole pages out) and she scribbled all over and ripped the second one.

I want to keep the books where she can get at them but she just destroys them!

DD1 (4) loves Julia Donaldson books, her favourite is Paper Dolls. She also loves The Tiger Who Came To Tea, Peepo, Angelina Ballerina books and Peppa Pig stories.

DD2 (19 months) loves texture books and lift the flap books. Her favourite book is The Baby's Catalogue by Janet and Allen Ahlberg.

We like 'Penguin' too, DD will sit quietly through that, 'Guess How Much I Love You' and 'A Squash and a Squeeze'. My DH likes 'Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam', haha.

Still the Gruffalo for both my 2 year old and my 3 year old. My 2 year old has a set of 'spot' books that we read quite often too and my 3 year old is starting to like the 'aliens love underpants' books too

The Gruffalo seems very popular. I have a copy but I don't think I ever read it to my children. I have used it when teaching primary and I remember liking it so will give it a go, if I can get them to have a different story tonight that is not Penguin :dohh: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->