What kind of bread?

Dukechick

Wife & proud Mom of 2
Reaction score
Cameron's a few days away from 7 months old, and I'd like to try giving him some toast. What kind of bread is recommended for babies??

Also, I read that some of you put cheese on toast, but I thought we were supposed to wait until 10-12 months to give cheese?? Any advice??

Thanks! :thumbup:

Nim always gets wholemeal bread. It's personal preference really though. White bread is a simple carb and contains sugars, whereas wholemeal doesn't

Any bread is ok as far as I'm aware. They say don't give too many high fibre foods so some people don't like to give wholemeal, but white can be a bit chewy and go into a ball in their mouth...that happens to my LO anyway.

ive given both types but more brown.
alfie has cheese on toast and loves it

I'm planning to try BLW once Jacob hits 6 months and I was wondering this too, we tend to eat seeded bread but will probably just buy ordinary wholemeal as I would worry the seeds would choke him.

We have both wholemeal and white so we just give connah whatever we have out. He loves cheese on toast too and thats something i didnt think you could give to babies! Tried him with it and he loves it :)x

we do wholemeal bread with unsalted butter.. or cheese :)
she has had white too, but as claire said, she tends to manage brown bread better as it goes less doughy when sooked within an inch of its life!

Izzy has a bit of both, we have wholegrain so she east that, but also Milk Roll which has added calcium. ( i love milk roll too lol)

Izzy has a bit of both, we have wholegrain so she east that, but also Milk Roll which has added calcium. ( i love milk roll too lol)

I love milk roll! Its all i use to eat when i was little and still eat it now :)

I usually give Lucy wholemeal, it seems to dissolve well in her mouth. I did give her some seeded bread toasted but it came out in her nappy with lots and lots of seeds - not sure if i was really meant to give her seeded bread at all?!? She seemed to enjoy it, but i'm sticking to wholemeal until i get the kitchen organised and the breadmaker on the go again. I do a 50/50 loaf - half white half wholemeal flour, nice and light. Mmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->