What kind of cream/lotion to use for stretch marks?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
Hi ladies, my last 2 pregnancies were a while ago, and I used this Pregnancy lotion by Curel, never got a single stretch mark , (besides the clear ones on the bum n bbs) it worked phenomenal!! and it was for sure my best friend during the growing pregnancy stages lol..... Now they don't make it anymore!!! :-(. I have to find something new....Is cocoa butter the usual recommendation ? Any other ideas?
Thanks!

I'm using palmers cocoa butter and haven't anything yet but I don't suppose I'm far enough yet to know if it is making a difference... Xxxx

I used Palmer's Coconut Butter for trimester #1 and Bio Oil for Trimesters #2 and #3 with my son....not a single stretch mark! I am going to do the same this time!

I used Erbaviva cream in the mornings and Bio-oil at night and have no stretch marks. x

Thanks ladies!!! Where do I get bio oil? Any local drug store?

I'm going to try Bio Oil again. Hopefully it helps. Already I can feel my belly getting itchy. :( I had horrible stretch marks and muscle tearing with my daughter. Wasn't so bad the second time around. But since I already have them I guess they can't get much worse! They are white now and nearly invisible heres to hoping they stay that way!

I use palmers tummy butter and a cocoa butter lotion.

Thanks! I only had time to go to Target today, all they had was the Palmers so ingot that for back up til I find some others to try !

I don't like the smell of either the Palmer's or the Bio Oil, so I use Burt's Bee's Mama Oil. That stuff smells amazing!

Of course, this is after the fact, to try to get my stretch marks to GO AWAY. I'm pretty sure the problem was that I didn't use it enough during pregnancy. I think whatever you use, the key is to put it on everyday!

I used everything in my last pregnancy and at 39 weeks I woke up with them :( they are faded now though. This time I got the bounty mum to be pack and had a little sample of 'bump to baby' I think it's called, stretch mark cream in there and it smells lush! So I'm going to try that!

I used Palmer's Coconut Butter for trimester #1 and Bio Oil for Trimesters #2 and #3 with my son....not a single stretch mark! I am going to do the same this time!

Greens - Any reason why you didn't use bio oil in 1st trimester?

I love this and it smells amazing :D

Attachments

• Cussons-Mum--Me-Bump-Stretch-Mark-Cream-186969 (1).jpg
    Cussons-Mum--Me-Bump-Stretch-Mark-Cream-186969 (1).jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 2
I used everything in my last pregnancy and at 39 weeks I woke up with them :( they are faded now though. This time I got the bounty mum to be pack and had a little sample of 'bump to baby' I think it's called, stretch mark cream in there and it smells lush! So I'm going to try that!

I was the same way! I fought them so hard! I used cocoa butter in the morning and mid-day and bio oil at night, so three times a day I moisturized. But I just got them anyway. It started with 1 random one near my hip and the next day I was covered in them. I seriously looked like I got mauled by a tiger! :haha:

I used Palmers cocoa butter for stretch marks every morning and night. I never got any with my first and I thought I would because I have stretch marks in other areas from my teen years.

I think it truly depends on genetics too.

I'm going to be buying a bunch of these to try though!

I have so many stretch marks from my son, there was nothing that was going to help me with that pregnancy. I gained 46 1/2 lbs with him, and a lot of it was in my last three months and the last month and half a lot of water weight. So I have a lot of stretch marks. I've also since having him put on another 25lbs, so I was bound to get them.

I do use Palmer's Cocoa Butter, but it's more to help my itchy skin and I love (and so does OH) the smell of it. Maybe I can help not add to them with that lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->