What kind of unwrappers do you have?

DCS

Reaction score
DS who is 5 is like a tornado, he tears through the paper and adds everything to his pile before looking through and playing.
DD who is 2, unwraps each item slowly, plays with toy before moving on to the next gift. She still had about 10 presents to unwrap this morning.

How do your LOS do it?

Holly takes ages. She gets distracted by every present she opens and wants to play with it there and then!

Dd1 is like your son. She opens them really quickly, acknowledges the present then moves onto the next.

Dd2 is in the middle. She opens one or two then has a wander then a few more.. she did speed up towards the end not even looking what was inside before opening the next one.

dd3 wanted to play with every single thing when she opened it. She took ages to open hers

Alex rips them open, looks at them and shows excitement, then puts them into a new pile until they are all open, then he wants them all out.
It's only Scarlett's 2nd Christmas, she will be 2 next month, she opened a fair few then went back to her scooter, then her football, it took some encouragement to open the last few. I wonder what she will be like in the next few years!

DD1 just wanted to open everything even if it was not hers. lol. She also got distracted by each gift. Wanted to know about each one.

DD2 wasn't bothered. We opened some of hers but she liked the toys

DD1 shreds through hers like a piranha. Took her about 15 minutes to unwrap her presents.
DD2 likes to unwrap them in small parts and put the ripped paper in the bin at the same time. She's tidy, slow and steady.

By the time DD1 finished unwrapping, DD2 still had 90% to go :haha:

So it seems that the older ones unwrap quicker and go back to everything whereas the smaller ones unwrap and want to play with it before moving on. I wonder if when dd is about 4/5 she will be like ds.

So it seems that the older ones unwrap quicker and go back to everything whereas the smaller ones unwrap and want to play with it before moving on. I wonder if when dd is about 4/5 she will be like ds.

Yes.. It's exactly like this with our older 2. Our 6 year old unwrapped his quickly and our 4 year old took her time wanting to play with things as she went.

My son (4yo) takes ages. We were unwrapping, playing, etc from 7am - almost 2pm.

Dd1 (nearly 5) opened everything quite quickly.

Dd2 (11 months) wasn't interested at all and dd1 ended up opening most of hers for her

They tore through them they were too excited to see everything LOL

this is the first year that youngest has though, past years he was a right snail with them but he's sussed it this year bless him

My eldest just ripped open present after present not even looking properly, which upset me a bit as I don't think she appreciated much as there was just so much. Cutting back next year 100%
DD2 was fed up, she just wanted to play with the first few things and wasn't interested in the rest and it felt like I was pushing her to open.

Anabella ripped through hers at lightening speed, there were presents and paper everywhere. Once everything was opened she then started to look through her things in more detail. She honed in on a few favourite toys and has played with them solidly since Xmas day, lots of others are still in a pile untouched which I'm sure she'll go too in a few more days. I think it took her 20 ish mins to tear through her presents... and there were a lot!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->