What made you want to try again...

daddiesgift

Mom of Two
Reaction score
If you had previously bottle fed other children? I tried so hard to make things work with my first but I stopped after 6 weeks. I was sick all the time, he was sick all the time, I was so depressed the whole time, I cried at every nursing session, no matter what we did it hurt like hell and I bled and cracked and was engorged for weeks, I felt like my skin was crawling every time. No amount of lactation consultants or advice helped. I was shocked at the back lash I got for quiting. I lived with that guilt for a couple months but then came to realize I did what was best for the both of us. Out of guilt I tried again with #2 but again after being engorged 9 days and having all this pain and again getting mastitis I just saw it going the way it did the first time and I quit.

So here I am pregnant with #3. Our for sure last baby. I go back and forth with what to do. And why I want to do it. I keep wanting to live this tale of amazing breast feeding journeys that I never got the two months I did. I see and hear all this stuff and I want that. But then I think its not even possible for me. I think its our last and maybe this time Ill just really stick it through and keep going till it hopefully gets better. I use that as motivation more than anything. But then I remember what it was like bottle feeding and I think how much easier and less painful that is. In our case both my boys had food allergies that we kept trying to cut things out of my diet to figure out what it was but in the mean time it was colic and puking everywhere! Formula saved my sanity and saved their health.I know breast is best and all the reasons its better than formula and I know that should drive me more than anything but I guess I just dont think like that sometimes because of our experience.

Am I setting myself up again for guilt and feeling like crap by trying and failing again? If you bottle fed before what made you accomplish bfing your other child/children. What did you use for motivation when things got tough? Im so worried that I will again have a baby with food allergies, I will again have over supply and have horrible pain with engorgement and let down and get mastitis all the time again. I felt I learned what to do better with my second and it didnt help what so ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->