What makes us STOP bleeding? Sorry if dense! - Now with stretchy blood!

Megg33k

Going with the flow!
Reaction score
Ok... I usually don't have too many "girly parts" related questions. I pretty well know the female reproductive system as well as I know my own name. However, I can't find what I'm looking for on this one. I know what signals the body to start AF... I know what signals the body to O... I know what is supposed to happen after O thru the next AF or :bfp:! But, when the :witch: shows up... What exactly makes her pack up and go home?

I'd like about a gallon of whatever it is right now... LOL But, it's a serious question that driving me mad! I've looked at the hormone patterns throughout an entire menstrual cycle, and I don't see ONE PARTICULAR thing that screams, "Hey, :witch:, GO AWAY!" Help?

oooo, difficult one - not sure, but hopeful that someone has the answer?

You asked so I found this, but have to admit, I was giggling as I read it:

There is nevertheless an experimental method that exists which claims to naturally stop menstruation without causing other problems. In this method, you have to circle your breasts using your fingers. You can begin from the cleavage side of the breast, placing your finger next to the nipple and starting a circular motion towards the outside. Circle in a clockwise motion with your left hand and an anti-clockwise motion using your right hand. The people who practice this claim that circling each breast 200 times non-stop daily in this manner eventually stops menstruation. Once you have skipped a menstrual cycle you can reduce the circling to 100 times a day.

This, however, is not normal and it is not recommended to interfere with the natural cycle of the body. Instead of trying to alter the natural cycle of your body, you should focus on treating the menstrual problem you have. You can combat your menstrual problems using simple home remedies. Parsley juice is excellent for all kinds of menstrual problems and you can drink 75 ml of this juice daily. Similarly beet juice also helps to combat all menstrual problems and can be consumed daily. An infusion of ginger taken thrice a day after each meal is beneficial for all menstrual problems. Above all, avoid smoking and drinking too much alcohol, consume the requisite amount of liquids and stick to a healthy lifestyle to have a regular and relatively stress free menstrual cycle.

The other solution to reduce it is the drink raw apple cider vinegar (yuk), here's what to do:

For years, I had the worst menstrual cycle. I would go through probably 6 to 8 pads a day. During my period, I had heavy clotting and it seemed like the bleeding never ended. And of course, as a result of that, I was always so tired during my period.

Well, I could semi-deal with it before I had children but once I had a child, I had to figure out what to do to slow down the bleeding; and if you are a female... which I hope you are if you are reading this... then you understand that when you have a baby, you really can't afford to be any more tired than you already are.

Well, I did some research and I found an answer t o slow down heavy bleeding that I was not too happy with ... as they said to not eat sugar (as unfortunately, I love a good snickers bar)... as sugar will make it worse. As I watched my own patterns, I did notice as I ate sugar, my bleeding would get worse. Since sugar is a downfall of mine, I looked for another solution.

I stumbled across this one just by accident. Exercise. I found the more I exercised, the less I bled. However, I also found, with taking care of my baby, I had little energy to exercise... so that was not the best solution for me.

So off to solution number 3... and this is the one I use most of the time (although I have learned to cut out sugar a lot and definitely do when I need to be out in public... or go to work... on the first 3 days when my period is the worst). The solution to stop heavy menstrual bleeding is through raw apple cider vinegar.

I put approximately one tablespoon in a large glass of water and sip it throughout the day. If the bleeding is extra heavy, I will drink 2 glasses of water with 1 tablespoon of raw (must be "raw". Braggs raw apple cider vinegar is awesome) apple cider vinegar a day.

I know some people can't take the taste of the vinegar, so you could put it in a glass of apple juice (preferably sugar-free) or grape juice and drink it that way... to hide the strong taste.

I have gone down from probably 6 to 10 pads a day to now about 1 to 3 pads a day using vinegar. Anyway, give this a try. I think you will be happy with the results... and if you take apple cider vinegar even when you don't have your menstrual cycle, you will most likely experience a boost of energy as well.

Poor Meg - how many days is it now?

Honeybee: Awww! Thanks for posting, at least! :)

Caterpiller: That made me giggle too! :) I imagine that if I did anything for long enough that it would eventually stop. I guess making circles on my boobs in a pattern is one way to while away the time until the :witch: leaves!

It's only been 5.5 days since normal flow started... but the spotting and light bleeding was much longer. I started spotting after O, which was July 31. It was very hit and miss for many days... and just spotting... only when I wiped. At some point, there started to be a little spot here and there on the pad that I wore, just in case. For a good week or more, it wasn't even enough to fill a single pad with all the days put together. Then, it had gotten to where I needed to change the pad daily for more than sanitary purposes, but still sometimes it was there and others there wouldn't be a trace. Thursday was my 2nd day off the BCP, and that's when the flood gates opened up. It was really quite heavy the first night and all of Friday. The weekend & Monday proved to be more on the heavy side of normal flow, but not obscene. Going into Tuesday now, and I thought it might have been letting up a little... but I can't tell from one minute to the next. I just worry that it'll still be going strong for weeks... as I've been there before!

Thanks for the research though, hun! I don't know that rubbing my boobs would help... but I might give it a try if this doesn't stop soon!

if im not mistaken its when ur body detects a rise in estrogen? not sure

Maybe? At least that doesn't require breast circling! LOL

Ok girls... I have a new one to throw in... I'm headed into CD6. I went to pee quick before bed. The blood, although still there in a real way... it's gone stretchy! Now, I'm not O'ing right now... I promise you that much! I'm on Clomid, and I don't think I *CAN* O until after I stop taking the pills. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. There are plenty of times that I want to find stretchy stuff on my toilet paper... but not blood. BLOOD IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE STRETCHY!

That being said... and me being SLEEPY!... I'm headed to bed. I'll let you girls who are 6 or so hours ahead of me (I'm on -6:00 GMT) ponder this until I wake up. I pose to you... Why on earth would my blood go stretchy?

humm, if your on clomid- maybe you are?

Your thread title sounds like your try to sell us something - 'now with extra stretch' - :rofl:

Megg I wish I knew, I have had two cycles recently where I have bled for over 3 weeks, with no sign of it stopping. I have had to get Provera to stop it each time :(

i think thats the lining, i get that also.. i highly doubt you got anything to worry bout :)

I bleed for 6 days...I kinda wish I had the 3-day bleed like other women but hey, I don't want to complain cause it could be worse, right?

Anyway, ummm, is it a chance it's just clotty or goopy? Mine is like that if it's heavy but if there's EWCM in there, I don't know.

Maybe it has something to do with your BCP and Clomid combo and I don't know anything about Clomid so maybe someone else will have an answer.

Good luck Megg!

Thanks girls! I'm hoping I'm not O'ing yet... that's not even funny. That would put me out for this month. I'm sure it's just CM mixed with the blood. It's probably fine. I couldn't wrap my head around that this morning at 3am though! LOL

Yes, Kate... definitely trying to see you my :witch:... She's free, even!

OMG! The bleeding seems to be just bloody EWCM now... great stretch on it, not such a great color! I shouldn't be O'ing yet. My chart doesn't look like I O'd! I shouldn't O while I'm still taking Clomid doses! Maybe just all the LH that the Clomid makes the body produce is giving me trial run EWCM... too early, but just for practice! I don't want to ruin my sheets... I like them! Plus, hubs is asleep... and he'd probably be ok with "Surprise! Wake up :sex:!"... but it's not right since he works in 5 hours! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->