What makes your LO laugh?

k4th

Reaction score
Hi everyone

My LO is 14 weeks today & I still haven't heard her laugh! I'm not too worried about it as she babbles & smiles lots, especially at some of her favourite things/people/actions. She also looks like she's going to laugh with a huge smile but no sound.

I really want to hear her laugh tho so I'm on a mission! She doesn't really seem ticklish... I've tried feet, tummy, neck & back of knees.

What do your LO's laugh at? Any ideas to get that first giggle would be great!

Thanks

My LO isn't laughing yet but the closest I've got is putting my hand on her chest or tummy and saying 'Baba' to her.

She's pretty weird... :haha:

i hold my girl above me, holding her under her arms. when she looks down at me i get a quick "heh" sort of laugh lol

Blowing raspberries on his tummy will always make him laugh!! He didnt laugh until 16 weeks though x

Isaac laughs at raspberries on his tummy, kisses on his neck, saying 'achoooooo' while pulling a funny face.

Haha!!

I just tried some raspberries on her tummy & toes during our bath n bed routine. She raised her eyebrows and looked straight at me as if to say "what the hell are you doing? Get back to bathtime pronto!!".

Ah... Made me laugh... But that wasn't quite the plan! We'll keep trying :) thanks for the ideas ladies, any more out there?

Xx

its soo cute when they first giggle! when my LO was about 16 weeks, she used to like it if i dangled a towel above her and then dropped it so it would float down and land on her face. that used to make her laugh, and when she got bored i started pullin the towel off and playing peek a boo! she loved it lol x

The first thing that made my LO giggle was shaking my head from side to side, I had neck ache for days! He still laughs at that, pulling faces, he's not a big fan of raspberry blowing but he loves my feet! If I wiggle my toes near his face he laughs like mad... It's crazy!

ACHOOOOOOOOO and wobbling my chins lol...and bouncing him on my knee he loves! x

I still have to work quite hard to make my lo laugh and she is nearly 7 months! Peak a boo and lying her on her back on my bed and bouncing her up and down normally gets a giggle. Her favourite though is if I put a pillow on her head when she is lying down she will lift it up so she can see me, for some reason she thinks this is hilarious!

Peek-a-Boo
Roaring at him
Tummy poking
Moving my mouth but not making a sound :wacko:
Rubbing noses

Oh hes a barrell of laughs is our Aymen :lol:

Don't worry it's still very early for your baby, I don't think Tristan properly laughed until he was about 5/6 months.
I can't stop him now, he is so easy to please, will laugh at anything, sometimes nothing or himself lol he's such a little chuckler

Laying her on her back and lifting her by her arms then wiggling her.
Sitting her on my knee and bouncing her.
Sitting her on my knee and clapping my hands together.
And when I repeat sounds over and over for some reason "bababababa" "dadadadada" :haha:

LO loves it when I hold her on her back and lift her way up high then quickly drop her down to the ground (obviously not the best thing to do for a 16 week old, I didn't start till she was about 6-7 months)
She also loves our ceiling fan, always makes her giggle.
Certain funny faces also make her laugh really hard or fake sneezing lol

My LO loves it when I lay her on my bed then push the mattress down either side of her while shouting (well just saying loudly!) BOO!!

She jiggles about a bit then after a few attempts starts giggling. It's like music to my ears :cloud9:

Isobelle is 15weeks tomorrow and still hasnt laughed, she is like your LO, babbles alot and smiles and then does this huge smile like she is about to shriek lol but never ever does, its soooo annoying and I too have tried everything.

Maybe she just needs alot more hard work lol! I cant wait to hear her first giggle though, I think my heart will melt, it did with her 1st smile anyway. Her favourite conversation is "agoooooo" lol!! she really sounds like she is telling me a story bless her..

keep us informed on that first giggle...:)

xxx

i still hardly get any laughs and shes 6 1/2 months, we get the big wide smile like shes laughing but no sound, trust me ive tried everything (oh thinks im a loon) but i guess she'll do it when shes good an ready, although at least she doesnt just laugh for anyone, it will be special for just me and oh :)

My LO was a lot older than that when he first laughed properly and it was DH who got the first giggles - his face must be funnier than mine.

Tickling, blowing rasberries and pretending to nibble on his tummy are the best ways to make him laugh now. Also, this evening he found it hilarious when I pretended to eat his sponge at bath time. He likes to chew on it and kept handing it to me for a chew. When I did it, he roared with laughter.

Be patient, when it finally comes, it will be well worth the wait. x

Daddy singing black Sabbath :dohh: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back