what mc statistics did you get told?

S

sugarlove

When I had my mc, I got told my the Doc that as many as 1 in 3 pg end in mc.

However as I explained in a previous thread, I know loads of people who have got pg recently and all have either reached the 12 week mark, have given birth or are about to give birth.

Is the mc rate really this high? I just seem to know so many people who have had no problems whatsoever. I suppose people who have had mc often keep quiet about it too.

Just wondering.

Thanks

SL

I think the rate of MCs is a lot highter than we realise. As you said, most people don't talk about them, but having been through one myself, and spending timeon the MC support board, and seeing how many girls sadly leave first tri, its way higher than I ever realised.

I am not really sure, but I think 75% ends up as a chemical (very common) or a pregnancy that never implants; and 25% of the remaining 25% miscarry, so simply to put it - if 10 women got pregnant/had a fertilized egg the same time, only about 2-3 women will carry her baby to full term, but there is also risks like stillbirth under these 2-3 women. I think more women nowaday "realise" their miscarriages earlier cause they test way too early. I mean 10 years ago, women would wait for their periods and then see what happens and even if they get a period a week late, they wouldn't know if they had a chemical or miscarriage cause they never tested so early.

mummy_blues: perfect explaination.

The ER doctor that told me I was MC my baby said 1 in 4 pregnancies go on to full term! I figured he was lying!

He then proceeded to tellme that when /if I get pregnant again he said my chances of miscarriage are 75%! WTF?!!! But everything I read in books and online and what my OBGYN's say are different, down to 15-20%.....but I think those numbers are after you have missed your period by a few weeks.

I never really counted my chemical pregnancy as a MC just something that didnt stick. I hardly even mention it because I hear it happens to people all the time and is very common. July 2008 I had a positive blood test at my work (I worked at a lab) a week later after I told DH I started bleeding a little heavier than normal for 7 straight days. Took a urine hpt at work and it was neg.

I hope this helps :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->