what my LC told me about herbal supplement today

aquaflora2

Reaction score
my Lactation consultant told me today that the herbal supplement tends to work better during the earlier months post delivery, ie. first month. They tend to influence the hormones more, where as domperidone tends tmeo work better at a later time. is this true? my DD is 3 months now and i'm still working to increase my supply... i started late. Just wondering if there's still a chance to use the herbs and see a difference. any positive experience?

It sounds plausible to me. Supply is much easier to adjust in the first six weeks. But I don't know.

That was my experience. Fenugreek worked well for the first 2-3 months after which I had to switch to domperidone.

A tea may not be enough....My baby is 3 months too and iam on the whole cocktail. Domperidone, Fenugreek, blessed thistle, goats rue, and a few smaller ones. Seems to be working :) THeres a product called Motherlove I swear by..it has everything (except the dom) in it. so you only take 2 pills verses a million, haha. I love it! WIthin 3 hours of taking the 1st dose I was engorged and pumped 6oz! and this is coming from a gal who can only pump 3oz a day!

It's always worth a try. I started on Fenugreek when LO was 4.5 months and it definitely made a difference.

Good luck x

A tea may not be enough....My baby is 3 months too and iam on the whole cocktail. Domperidone, Fenugreek, blessed thistle, goats rue, and a few smaller ones. Seems to be working :) THeres a product called Motherlove I swear by..it has everything (except the dom) in it. so you only take 2 pills verses a million, haha. I love it! WIthin 3 hours of taking the 1st dose I was engorged and pumped 6oz! and this is coming from a gal who can only pump 3oz a day!

OH YES, I was looking at that one TOO!!! My lactation consultant didn't approve. She up'ed my DOM dose and said to hold off on the mother love. did you LO have any reactions? I guess that was my main concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->