What OH thinks!!

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
I bought a couple of small things for baby today while we were out shopping and OH announces we need to get a thermometer for the bath. I said "yes, there is still lots of things we need".
He said "no there isn't, like what"?!
I said "sterilizer, bedding...." and then he starts to tell me that we don't need a sterilizer.
He asked "what do you need to sterilize if you're breast feeding"?
I told him the breast pump and bottles as well as other things.

He wasn't keen to give up on the idea we wouldn't need one so I changed the subject. There is many things he doesn't think we need or don't need so much of though. Why does a baby need so many clothes?! We have about 7 or 8 sleepsuits!! Lots of day outfits which we were given but I think he'll be in sleepsuits all the time just because clothes don't seem that comfortable for a new baby.

Also I was saying today about the heavy bleeding after the birth and getting something to protect our matress and bedding. He announces that he expects me to be in hospital for at least 3 days after the birth and surly I won't bleed more than a day?!?! :wacko: When I told him I could be sent home within hours with a vaginal delivery, he wasn't too happy!! He said in France you'd be there for 3 days even with a natural birth and I'll just have to pretend to be ill.

I love him to bits but :dohh:

I think guys can be completely clueless about these things. Luckily my DH just told me buy whatever you think we need :rofl:

LOL my DH just listens to me and agrees with what I say we need... Its all practical stuff tho... Although he did say that he didnt see any reason a baby who is not born yet needs a full closet and dresser of clothes... But hes gotten over it now.. One thing I found at Target were sterilizer bags... If you plan on mostly breastfeeding directly from the breast, they seem to be a good deal. You get 6 bags, and each bag can be used 20 times in the microwave.. And they were like $5. I chose to do that for now instead of a sterilizer, since I'm hoping to feed primarily from the breast.

https://www.playtexbaby.com/newmoms/Essentials.aspx

Show him that, its just the bare essentials that parents need for newborns.

Men can be so oblivious as to what is going on because it isn't physically happening to them. Once the baby arrives, the baby will have them saying "doh :dohh:", lol!!! My husband agrees that we have so much stuff to get and we have been buying stuff every time we go to WalMart. He does however get freaked out if he sees a breast pump or anything of that nature. Men are funny creatures. :rofl:

Just tell him if you dont use it he can have his wicked way lol cuz you know you will :rofl:

My OH got told what we needed he knew not to fight with a hormonal woman by the end of it :D

xx

Men can be so oblivious as to what is going on because it isn't physically happening to them. Once the baby arrives, the baby will have them saying "doh :dohh:", lol!!! My husband agrees that we have so much stuff to get and we have been buying stuff every time we go to WalMart. He does however get freaked out if he sees a breast pump or anything of that nature. Men are funny creatures. :rofl:

My OH is quite opposite about that sort of thing. He's very interested in how my body is changing and what it's doing. When my breasts started leaking he wouldn't leave me alone trying to squeeze it out which is annoying because it hurts. I think he's looking forward to the expressing milk part. To him it's all just a game - See what my body can do today!! He also likes to inspect my stretch marks. He's strange..... like me.

Anita665, that is awesome that your husband is interested in how your body is changing. Mind just told me that he could tell my body is changing and he'll rub my belly and talk to the baby and he tells me he is very thankful for the both of us. My breasts haven't leaked yet, but I can only imagine how my husband would react to that (he's a silly guy so everything is in a joking manner, most of the time). He does tell me that my breasts are huge and he even said they had girth (how funny, right??). Gotta love them though.

my OH is a bit the same as the OP really, he keeps saying things like, 'we don't need to go overboard' and 'they only need to be using/having that for such a short amount of time'!! he lets me get on with it though. he says he's leaving all of the buying of baby stuff up to me. i thought i liked this idea to start with, now i just feel a bit alone with it all. he thinks cos his mum's offered to buy the cot and my mum's offered to buy the pram that they'll have input and help me with those side of things and every thing else, well 'those things are easy to pick up from tesco'. URGHHH, thinking about it makes me cross, then i have a word with him about it, about being involved more and he sounds quite disinterested. oh well, i least i get free reign with the purse strings...more fool him!! Ha ha ha.

Shame my husband isn't like that at all.

He's very concerned about the amount of money we're going to be fishing out over the next few months but so am I. I don't intend on going insanely overboard.

He's never once said "Oh we don't need that." He's more the type that wanders around picking up things that we really DONT need and saying "Do we need one of these?" LOL

My last problem was trying to decide whether we should get a cot, a camp cot or both. When I eventually decided we'll need both he was 100% happy. Since we've found some awesome prices lol. He just wants the cot to be new. He's against 2nd hand anything!

The other day I was looking for a dress for his sisters wedding and he saw these Winnie the Pooh outfits going for like half price (getting rid of xmas stock maybe?). I've never seen him so happy. "No! get the green one! that looks the best!" "How many more outfits are we going to need? How about this one?"

He's awesome! I love him :cloud9:

I despair of my DH sometimes!!

The other day, we had a heated discussion, about his lack of interest in looking for a pram/car seat etc. He does´t get every saturday off work, so when he does, I want to make the most of it and get him in the shops, because I think buying something big like a pram etc should have joint input. I don´t mind sorting out all the other little bits n pieces, I can go shopping with friends or with my mum for things like that. He couldn´t see it at all - I tried to explain that we needed to shop around a bit and find the best price, and that I wanted to start getting things bit by bit, rather than in a mad rush at the last minute. He reckons we´ve got loads of time, til I pointed out that we´ve got two lots of people coming to stay with us over the next few months, I´m flying back to the UK just before Easter to see family etc, and we wanted to try and get away on our own for a few days. I told him when its summer, and hot and I´m the size of a house I do not want to traipse around shops looking for a pram and a cot!!

In the end he kind of saw where I was coming from and agreed to go shopping, esp after I saw they were selling last seasons prams etc off cheap to create more space. We saved a fortune, and then the little bugger tried to turn the tables and make out it was his idea to go shopping early on!!!!!!

I love him to bits.......but sometimes I could scream!!!

I despair of my DH sometimes!!

The other day, we had a heated discussion, about his lack of interest in looking for a pram/car seat etc. He does´t get every saturday off work, so when he does, I want to make the most of it and get him in the shops, because I think buying something big like a pram etc should have joint input. I don´t mind sorting out all the other little bits n pieces, I can go shopping with friends or with my mum for things like that. He couldn´t see it at all - I tried to explain that we needed to shop around a bit and find the best price, and that I wanted to start getting things bit by bit, rather than in a mad rush at the last minute. He reckons we´ve got loads of time, til I pointed out that we´ve got two lots of people coming to stay with us over the next few months, I´m flying back to the UK just before Easter to see family etc, and we wanted to try and get away on our own for a few days. I told him when its summer, and hot and I´m the size of a house I do not want to traipse around shops looking for a pram and a cot!!

In the end he kind of saw where I was coming from and agreed to go shopping, esp after I saw they were selling last seasons prams etc off cheap to create more space. We saved a fortune, and then the little bugger tried to turn the tables and make out it was his idea to go shopping early on!!!!!!

I love him to bits.......but sometimes I could scream!!!

Men! They like to take credit for everything, don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->