what pregnancy tests are better?

minnie10

Mummy to 1 , wtt#2
Reaction score
what tests are better-ditigal ones or shops own brand? also does it matter how expensive they are?

Superdrug own brand are the best i have used. They are pink dye and also very sensitive xx

iv only ever used the digital ones. I don't trust myself to read the other ones right :dohh:

lloyds pharmacy and asdas own brand are good, worked really well for me =)

it was a few years ago now but i used a tesco cheapy test about 2 days before my period was due. i didn't even need to wait for the 2mins cause it changed almost immediately to a positive result!

i used a first repsonce one when pregnant with jack in the morning and it was negative and done a pund shop one on the afternoon and it was positive!! also am sure with milly it was a shops own brand and then i got it confirmed with family planning x

Price doesn't really come into it, if you want to test as early as possible, or you want the line to be as obvious as possible on AF day then you'd want a test that can detect very low levels of hcg.
Superdrug's own brand (around 4.99 for a two pack) detect 10 mIU/ml, so you could technically test around 10 DPO and still get a BFP (i tested at this time and got a very clear +)

Whereas Clearblue have an official rate of detecting at 20 mIU/ml, but they do often show positive earlier.

Each pregnancy test will tell you the level they detect for :hugs:

I swear by two-packs, because if you want a BFP and you're all eager and try too early and get a dodgy result, you've got a back-up, and if you want a BFN and when the first one comes back negative you're afraid to believe it, you've got a back-up!

thanks for all your replies ladies.i just bought boots own brand-£4.99 for 2.didnt get to use them though as af showed up 2 days later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->