What proportion %-wise use cloth?

eeyore007

New Mummy to Frances
Reaction score
OH is really starting to take this cloth thing seriously - even found him up this morning, with a hangover, to try madam in her firs fluffy nappy - anyway, we were discussing it tonight and he asked 'just how popular are they'?

I haven't a clue.

Does anyone know the % out of all bubbas, disposables v cloth?

I personally no no-one else (only people I've met on here).

Any ideas?

3 others at my BF group use cloth but the boring LL and motherease wraps kinds, but I cant help with a percentage, but i know cloth is making a comeback!

i know two from BF groups, different ones, and they are as above, boring motherease wraps and one of them even uses terry squares :/

the look of shock on their faces when they see louies patterned pretties is a picture!

haha same at our BF groups they are amazed by our pretty ones xx

i know two from BF groups, different ones, and they are as above, boring motherease wraps and one of them even uses terry squares :/

the look of shock on their faces when they see louies patterned pretties is a picture!

Don't dismiss terry squares - they are still the most efficient, easiest to wash and dry, most economical option there is, accept nappy nippas so pins not necessary, and are extremely satisfying to use.

Contrary to popular belief, are not difficult to put one, once you've done a few!

Yes they may be boring, but when you use a wrap over the top anyway, they are not going to be seen. Used with a wool nappy cover, they are stunning, and you can easily get pretty PUL wraps to go over the top, if you don't want to use wool!

i wasnt knocking terry squares, i just didnt think anyone used them any more!

One at our baby signing classes used them. She only used one brand though (I forget which) and was amazed when LO kept turning up in different styles and colours :rofl:

I had 3 people ask me all sorts of questions about cloth when I was there the other day though :D One of them had used terry for her first baby, who is now PT, but she has a 15 week old and is thinking of going back to cloth. Another one is thinking about switching now her LO is weaning - I sent her away with a list of about 5 websites to look at :rofl:

It is sooo hard to say as lots yuse them without you even knowing!

Out of our 8 couples in antenatal - 6 did and still do use cloth!!

Ive only ever met 3 other mums who do cloth! N im forever at baby groups n things. U tend to find its usually the ppl who do other "natural mummy" things too: i found 1 at a breastfeeding group and one at baby massage. Having said that, my LO is formula fed & i still do cloth- feel a bit like the odd 1 out sometimes!

I asked the baby massage 1 what brands she uses n she went on to explain: "well, theyre called pocket nappies and u just pop something absorbant in there...blah blah blah" (T was wearing tots bots bamboozles & a BB wrap that day, so she must have thought thats ll i knew!). So i had a little chuckle to myself & then asked if she's tried: blueberry, issy, itti bitti, wonderoo, greenkids, wool etc! She was a bit shocked, but then we had a good old natter about it n i recommended plenty of websites for her to try! I turned out 2 b the expert! :rofl:

out of 12 at our First Time Parent classes, 3 of us used cloth.
Out of my friends, I know 2 others that are cloth users. The rest of my friends are 'sposie users.

Having said that, my LO is formula fed & i still do cloth- feel a bit like the odd 1 out sometimes!

I know this feeling :blush:

I like being able to give advice to people who are thinking about cloth :) It's not so long ago that people were having to do a 1-2-3 guide for me, so it's nice to feel that I can pass it on :thumbup:

Having said that, my LO is formula fed & i still do cloth- feel a bit like the odd 1 out sometimes!

I know this feeling :blush:

I like being able to give advice to people who are thinking about cloth :) It's not so long ago that people were having to do a 1-2-3 guide for me, so it's nice to feel that I can pass it on :thumbup:
Daniel is a formula fed fluffy bum.
I would have loved to breast feed, but we had complications and Daniel just refused to take the boob :(

I only know of Eala, i havent seen anyone else around here!

Met quite a few other babies in cloth at the first mother & baby group I went to. There were always at least 2-3 other babies in cloth - sometimes up to 7 - depending on the week and the number of people there. Tended to be Bumgenius / TotsBots mostly. At the second group I went to, I was usually the only one with a cloth bummed baby.

the only people i know, are the people that saw harrison in them, took the piss, then 2 weeks later asked me where they could buy them :dohh:

i dont know anyone else except the girls on here :)

I don't know anyone. Everyone just laughs and tells me I'm weird, but I only know mums age 16-22 and I've found they're the ones that judge harshest on things like that.

(I'm 20 myself before anyone goes off on 'stereotypes' lol)

Thanks ladies! Even though I'm none the wiser, I guess from that it must still be quite rare. I've seen no-one at either the bf ing groups or the mum & baby groups (we go to two diff ones), so must perhaps be more of an area thing. Or perhaps now I've started I'll be more tuned in or notice more!

yeah i never noticed any before i used cloth and you dont always see babies nappies so its not to say you dont know any :winkwink:

i know a few one is using wonderoos and another has stopped cloth now she is potty training her little boy but IFL i dont know anyone with a LO EJ's age that is using cloth other than the LOVELY Mynx who i met IRL to buy a nappy off lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->