What proportion %-wise use cloth?

I don't know too many moms yet as we haven't started going to classes, but out of the small handful of people I know 2 use cloth. :). But everyone who sees his fluffy bum loves how cute they are.

Cloth is big in my town because it's full of hippies who are all eco/green, etc. I don't actually know anyone with kids other than one of my coworkers, so I can't say what the percentage of cloth users is, but I know it's probably higher here than many places.
I prefer and use disposables myself :shrug:

According to research here: https://www.ethicalconsumer.org/Fre...piesreusable.aspx?dm_i=8BO,826X,2LT11X,KKX9,1

If you ask all adults what nappies they used on their children about 60% say disposables. However if you just ask current parents with babies, then the figure rises to 90%.(3) The same piece of research suggests that, of the 10% that use reusables, only 2% do so exclusively.

I don't know anyone who uses cloth who I haven't met on here.

In faaaact I don't know anyone who hasn't seen my nappies and gone what are THEY!! Most people haven't a clue about anything other than terries when it comes to reusables.

Cloth is big in my town because it's full of hippies who are all eco/green, etc. I don't actually know anyone with kids other than one of my coworkers, so I can't say what the percentage of cloth users is, but I know it's probably higher here than many places.

seity, are you calling us hippies? :bike:

I know of 2 other real life mummys who use cloth :)

I dont know anyone but on some news show my OH was watching he said that apparently cloth is the latest fad with new mums

Sarah, even my mum thinks I'm weird lol. It's literally just me & OH that think they're great! X

my mom doesnt like them, they are too bulky and dont look right apparently
OH doesnt really care, just that they cost him money

most people either say oh you use terries? i say i use reusables but that they have moved on from terries now, or they say wow they are cool!

i did have one comment on how vile and disgusting they were and why would you want to do that to your child, letting them sit in their own p*** and s*** and i had to change them when i worked in a nursery and they were nasty
- well didnt you have to change normal nappies? needless to say, she wasnt the brightest crayon in the box!

I've never met another cloth user... :(

P.S We use Terries on was day, and I really get quite a kick out of making them. Plus, (I don't know why!) my mum knows how to do Terries, but can't quite suss out BG. I don't know how, but hey! It means that she doesn't put her in sposies whilst I'm out and not looking...

I don't know anyone. Everyone just laughs and tells me I'm weird, but I only know mums age 16-22 and I've found they're the ones that judge harshest on things like that.

(I'm 20 myself before anyone goes off on 'stereotypes' lol)

Same here; I'm 23, but 22 when Bethan first went into cloth, and the HV was totally flumoxed by someone younger BFing and using cloth. :nope:

Its split down the middle for me. For every person I know that uses cloth, I have another friend who uses disposables. :mrgreen:

I do have a friend who will use cloth on certain occasions (mother and baby group meetings).
She has also recently started putting her LO in cloth when I go and visit her - but only since she found out that I am an exclusive cloth user. Its almost as if she is trying to impress, which I find quite sad.

i have a friend irl who has a few but doesnt get on with them and a few back home incudling my sister who use them and of course Mynx who is lovely and a cloth user lol

i used to use terries on my brother and sister and have debated using them on ds1 at times lol when i was struggilng to find pockets big enough to fit him,

I went to babygroup yesterday with kyla in a hello kitty nappy, and one of the girls down there is hello kitty obsessed said she was going to go home and buy some lol.

I doubt she will though cos she won't find a hello kitty one, I stalked eBay for about 6 weeks to find my 2 lol xx

I do have a friend who will use cloth on certain occasions (mother and baby group meetings).
She has also recently started putting her LO in cloth when I go and visit her - but only since she found out that I am an exclusive cloth user. Its almost as if she is trying to impress, which I find quite sad.

That is kind of sad :(

My SIL uses terries but I don't know any other people who do - although I don't really know that many people with babies, or don't know them well enough to know about their nappies. But my DH was in the pub talking to the manager about nappies and recommending them!!! (His wife is pregnant btw, not just two men having a conversation about reusable nappies!)

T-Bex - my mum is a terries fan as well, but now LO is here and she can see the nappies in use, thinks they're great!

seity, are you calling us hippies? :bike:

No, the people in my town. Seriously, I think they all migrated here.

I dont know anyone else other than the mums on here.

ive noone to share in my excitement when I hear that fluffy post hit the door mat! :dance:

Just aswell I have bnb :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->