what routines do people have?

L

lepaskilf

as the title says, with their LO's. I have none by the way and i don't know whether that's a good thing or not!!

we dont have much of a routine but i am trying to get her into one now at least with her eating, the thing is even if we were in a routine it would be a messed up one cos paul works nights, he doesnt usually get home till at least 12 so if leyla was in bed for 7 and up at 7 paul would never see her cos he'd be in bed :dohh: me, paul and leyla usually get up at 1ish then we all go to bed at about 1, so i guess thats her only routine lol, not perfect but it suits us for now, i am planning on changing it when i have the new baby though and paul will just have to get up early if he wants to see the kids haha

x

Our only routine is bed at 7, thats purely because thats when he gets tired and ready for bed. It's not a set time though, if hes tired before or later rhan 7 he goes bed then

None except for what LO set for himself. It varies a bit. I don't worry about it at this point. He's still a "on demand" baby for just about everything and it works for us.

We don't really have a routine either. Like princessellie, we all tend to go to bed quite late (about 12) because OH often only gets home at 8.30pm and I need a few hours of me time so he has daddy time with Leyla then. I have noticed recently though that Leyla has started to set her own routine - she wakes at about 10am-11am, has a nap at about 1pm for an hour, then another nap at about 6pm for another hour or so. She just feeds whenever she wants and plays the rest of the time. I did think it would be good to have a routine but now I prefer to let her decide. Only she knows when she's hungry etc so to force MY routine on her seems a bit mean to me!

We have never had a routine, Freya goes to bed sometime between 5.30pm - 8pm depending on when she is tired (she never lasts longer than 8pm, lol) and gets up between 7am - 8.30am usually. She has two or three naps a day at the moment, anywhere between 40mins and 2 hours (more often 40 mins :lol:).

Mealtimes are whenever she is awake and we are ready to eat, obviously roughly morning, midday and late afternoon.

Sometimes I wish we had a routine, as even when she has her bottles is completely random (on demand) and how much milk she has varies day to day as well. I like it like this though, and think this is the best way to do it. I enjoy knowing that I trust her to choose how she does things.

these comments make me feel better!

tom is similar to most of u, in bed at 11pm and a nap 2hrs after waking. he seems happy but i keep reading that a happy baby needs to know what gonna happen next i.e. bath/book/boob/bed. what do ya think? anyone do this? i don't!

We've always had some sort of bedtime routine, though it has adapted as he has grown. For example we used to do bath, massage, BF, bed. But once he was rolling the massage went out the window as he wouldn't lie still for it!

Now we do bath, subdued play, (sometimes a story depending on how tired he is), BF, bed. I do think bed time routines help ease them into night time mode and we have never had a problem with Jack getting night and day confused so this has worked for us.

We don't have a set bedtime though. We wait for Jack's sleepy signs and then act. He is usually in bed by 9pm though sometimes it is later if he is having a clingy day.

The rest of the day has a very loose, baby-led routine, just in that we tend to do the same things at roughly the same time every day but it is totally led by what Jack has developed for himself and not what I decide for him. We get up between 7 and 8am, have BF, play then have solid breakfast. Play a bit more then he has a morning nap from about 10am, usually for 2 hours. BF then solid lunch, play, afternoon nap usually one hour. BF, play, solid dinner at about 6pm after DH gets home. Play until he gets sleepy then into the bedtime routine.

We don't have a routine set, but everything is pretty much the same.

At bedtime we do bath, feed, bed. I want to incorporate a story in there at some point soon, and do the feed before the bath, but not yet. :)

Theakston has pretty much set his own which is usually up in the morning for a feed then awake while I do the pets & eat brekkie, then he has a feed & nap, then he's awake til 12ish then has another feed and nap, then awake at 1ish and then feed & nap around 3, then up at 4/4.30 and then it's bath at 5.30/6, ready for bed, feed & down. He seems to be dropping the lunch nap though and having a longer one at 2/3. Today he went down at 1.35 and didn't wake til 4! Nights are unpredictable still.

yeah i'd like to start reading stories to tom each night, but i'm not very good at bathing him each night. sometimes i just feel tired and :blush: can't be bothered!

We have a bit of a morning routine but i didn't set out to have one, it's just kind of worked out that way because of when Toby wakes up and what he likes to do.

So we get up at the same time every day between 7 and 8am and Toby will sit in his bouncer chair while i get a cup of tea, let the dog out, feed the cat etc etc then i get his bath ready and he has some nappy free time, a bath and then gets dressed. He will then normally have a good feed around 9-9.30am (ish) and have a nap afterwards normally for a couple of hours but it varies.

Some mornings it changes though, like if we have to be out for an early appointment or something he doesn't object to getting up early, and occasionally i take him in the shower with me instead of giving him a bath. He also let us have our very first lie in yesterday and woke up at 8.30 but then OH soothed him back to sleep while i had a shower and he ended up sleeping in until 10am!!! But other than that our mornings are pretty much always exactly the same.

We don't have a routine at all during the day though, he just breastfeeds on demand and if we have somewhere to go, we go and if not we potter about at home. Bedtime is normally between 9 and 10.30pm but only because that's normally when i get tired, so i take him upstairs with me and we lie down and he feeds and we both fall asleep and that's that. And again, that can vary if it needs to, like if he seems tired (or i am) we might go up earlier or very occasionally we go up later.

So not really a routine at all i guess but enough of a routine for us :D

my eve routine is similar to urs, tom goes to ed when we do. in the morn he wakes at 7ish too but we feed in bed and he sleeps till 9then, i should get up at 7 but i'm lazy!!

how do you shower with your LO, i like the idea of it!

my eve routine is similar to urs, tom goes to ed when we do. in the morn he wakes at 7ish too but we feed in bed and he sleeps till 9then, i should get up at 7 but i'm lazy!!

We sometimes shower together too. I just put our towels within easy reach, then hold him against my chest while we shower. I can't wash myself this way though so usually only do it when DH is around so he can take Jack and get him sorted while I wash my hair etc. DH showers with him sometimes too :thumbup: It's especially useful in hotels!

No routine so far, but we have just started putting him into his bed in the evening - before he just hung out with us and I want to make sure he gets good sleep. Also he will outgrow his basket soon and we are transitioning to cot.
xx

We do to some extent. Every morning I wake at 7:30 and feed Lylah then we all get up at 8. I give Indie her brekkie get us all ready and we are out of the house by 9. Lunch is always at 12:30, Dinner is always at 5. Also they both have a nap from 1-2pm though Lylah has more sleep through the day.
Bed time is between 7-9pm, whenever they seem tired. We bath them, get them dressed, read them a story then I bf Lylah sat on Indies bed while indie has a bottle.
Put Lylah down and get on with the housework lol
I never used to have Indie in a routine but with the two of them being so young together I had to to some extent or there was no way I would cope

We sometimes shower together too. I just put our towels within easy reach, then hold him against my chest while we shower. I can't wash myself this way though so usually only do it when DH is around so he can take Jack and get him sorted while I wash my hair etc. DH showers with him sometimes too :thumbup: It's especially useful in hotels!

Yep, it is really nice actually, and Toby seems to think so as he's very serene when the spray is on him :thumbup:

If OH is at work then i will leave Toby in his co sleeper, quickly jump in the shower myself for 5 minutes and wash my hair or whatever i need to do, then wrap myself in a towel and go back in the bedroom for Toby, get him naked and then we both get back in together and i just stand under the spray and hold him against me and use a bit of top to toe wash on him. If OH is home though it's much easier because i shower myself and then when i'm done yell to OH to strip Toby off and he fetches him to the shower for me :D

Amelie has naturally been falling and staying alspp between 9-10 on a night so now we get her ready for bed and i BF in our room with the lights low and then moses basket for about 9 - 9.30 and then i often give her another feed at 11.30 - 12 (she often feeds when still asleep) when i go to bed or if i have an early night i just give her a feed when she wants one.

through the day it is hard as she is BF on demand and sleeps when she wants but i suppose if normal day then mid morning we often go out for a walk either in pram or carrier

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->