What (selfish) things are you looking forward to...

Mrs G

Lily and Tommy's mummy
Reaction score
So we all know there are lots of amazing things to look forward to after baby is here but what about those selfish things, things for you, things you've really missed for the last few months...?

Here's mine....
A large glass of Pinot Grigio
Medium rare steak
Any blue or soft cheese
Soft boiled eggs
Putting on my running shoes
In fact putting on any shoes which currently don't fit my hugely swollen feet
Clothes shopping
Being able to see to shave down there
Bladder control
Sex without worrying about what baby's doing.

Love to hear yours.
Xx

I have to agree with shaving! Being able to get off the couch without help...same with out of DHs car. Just a single beer.
Actually, one selfish thing that's still very baby related: the potential for early induction so we can meet her that much sooner.

I have way less this time around, looking forward to starting running again but I've been swimming 1/3 times every week so have done exercise, I'm in the uk and you can eat lion stamped eggs soft boiled/runny so had loads and I don't drink much anyway since ds1!
Probably bladder control, though again it's never been the same... Oh I know, sex without having to stop and swig Gaviscon every ten minutes!

Alcohol!!! Just a glass of wine or even better champagne I would be in heaven! I couldn't have any for my 30th birthday that's just gone, so come Christmas when this baby is out I shall be having a nice glass of champagne or wine for sure lol!! To be able to have sex again will be good fun too lol I think this whole pregnancy we have had sex less than 5 times! We were recommended not to for the first 12 weeks due to 3 losses, then when we did twice there has been bleeding after and my OH is just to scared to incase something and happens which is fair enough but I do miss it! Shaving properly rather than shaving dangerously with a little mirror which takes about half hour to do omg! I forgot how hard it was to shave pregnant lmao! And being able to sneeze without peeing myself would be fantastic, I'm scared to go anywhere at the moment lol having a cold everytime I sneeze I have to cross my legs so not to pee myself! I most of all can't wait to get to exercising! I have a multi gym and cross trainer in my loft and once I can use them again I will be more motivated to diet, I'm getting married next August and before this pregnancy I was a size 16 and iv piled on the lbs so far :( I want to be a size 12 for my wedding so gota literally work my arse off once this baby has vacated lol

Wine!!!! Is that bad that I just want to be able to relax a night and not be uncomfortable.... I imagine sitting in the living room with dim lighting watching a nice movie with my feet up and just having a bottle of wine with my OH which could lead to a nice night of Not uncomfortable sex. I can't wait lol.

The freedom to drink and eat whatever I fancy without thinking " oooh nope can't have that!"
Specifically- chilled prosecco, shellfish, soft cheese, a cappuccino the size of my head!:haha:
Being able to wear anything but flip flops (swollen feet!!! :dohh:)
Being able to bend in the middle again
And sex, I've had horrific lightening crotch so have found the idea so uncomfortable and my poor DH is definitely in the camp of honestly believing he might 'poke/ hurt' the baby. :haha::blush: hahaha men, :dohh:

I have way less this time around, looking forward to starting running again but I've been swimming 1/3 times every week so have done exercise, I'm in the uk and you can eat lion stamped eggs soft boiled/runny so had loads and I don't drink much anyway since ds1!
Probably bladder control, though again it's never been the same... Oh I know, sex without having to stop and swig Gaviscon every ten minutes!

Why did I not know about lion stamped eggs????!! Xx

I've had sips of wine here and there, but it's probably not even amounted to a glass full the whole pregnancy though so I can't wait to have a full glass of my favorite mango wine!!!

Shavings a big one on my list too. Oh and sex, lots and lots of sex lol. I haven't been able to bring myself to do it since I feel like a water buffalo :(

I feel like such a selfish person because I haven't enjoyed this pregnancy due to all the things I'm not able to do! Most of my favourite hobbies/activities I can't really do when pregnant, so I am just looking forward to getting my life back in general! I race in triathlons and trail running and haven't been able to do much other than swim and go for gentle hikes/walks for almost the entire pregnancy due to discomfort.

Trail running/long distance running
Road and mountain biking
Triathlon training/racing
Multi-day hiking trips
Rock climbing
Drinking wine with dinner
Sleeping on my back
Being able to shave and cut my own toenails
Putting on my shoes without having to hold my breath
SEX! I have completely lost my sex drive for this entire pregnancy.

The biggest thing I am looking forward to is feeling well again. I've had morning sickness for this entire pregnancy, and although diclectin takes away the actually vomiting, the nausea is still always there and I am so sick of feeling sick!

I'm not a huge wine drinker... but I am super excited for a margarita. Or a beer. I wonder if I can sneak one in and have one in the hospital after delivery?!?! (I'm kidding, but seriously. The one craving I've had since 4 weeks pregnant is beer and margaritas. :cry:)

I'm also really looking forward to being able to paint my own toes again and not having to pay for a pedicure. I like pedicures, don't get me wrong... but I also think soaking my feet in a hot bath and then prettying them up is a nice and relaxing evening activity every once in a while, but I currently can't even put on socks... DEFINITELY can't paint my tootsies!

Oh, and exercising. Exercising is how I manage so many of my emotions, and being barely able to waddle up a short hill is doing my head in. I've been very limited in all my activity this whole pregnancy because I ran out of air too fast in the beginning, then my pelvis was giving me fits, then I just plain got too big, and now I get too many contractions when I'm walking at a normal pace, so I can only walk slowly! Being able to do my workout programs again will be AMAZING.

Rolling in bed. Sex that doesn't involve having to specially prop my body just so that I'm not in excruciating pain (lol, so sex at all... we've DTD like twice in the last 2 months). Being done with heartburn (even though it hasn't been that bad this pregnancy). Being able to play with my older kids. Being able to lose weight. Being able to bend.

I know I'll miss my bump when its gone, but I'm so looking forward to being done!

A vodka and lemonade would be nice
Not peeing 10 times a night
Not aching all day in any position I sit or stand in

Ahh just so excited to meet her soon :)

Oooh good thread! Mine would be...
eating whatever carbsi want/drinking a full glass of milk (I have GD this pregnancy:/)
Drinking a full cup of coffee since I've been super sensitive to caffeine this time
Sex is definitely on the list
Going pee without having to move around to get bubs off my bladder so I can actually empty my bladder!
Sleeping flat on my belly
A nice hot bath

I don't plan on drinking after delivery, but I'm excited to:

ride my bike, run, lose weight, wear my normal shoes, whiten my teeth, feel sexy/thin, exercise, put on my clothes/pants/underwear/shoes without feeling hip pain, and hold my baby, oh and sex. I used to be really good at sex. Lol.

There are probably other things, but those are the first to pop into my head.

Oh yeah...being able to use a hot tub! There's one available in my apartment complex, and I've spent almost the entire time living here, pregnant so I haven't been able to use it.

I'm just looking forward to having my body more or less be my own again, instead of existing merely as a fleshy mech suit. So tired of the sore belly and pain at work!

Don't get me wrong I generally love being pregnant and can't wait to meet the little human at the end of the road, but...

WINE!! Although I hope to breastfeed so I'm not sure on how soon my first glass....or bottle......will actually be. Also beer - I don't usually drink beer, but seeing my DH have an ice cold one on a hot day has made me have insanely jealous moments!

Runny eggs 😍

I also agree with the comment of having my body back to feeling like my own - not just one growing larger by the minute and doing strange things...although once again with the hopes of breastfeeding and also just the insanity that is post partum, I'm sure it'll be a while before I feel like my body has been returned to me.

WINE! I've asked DH to have a bottle to celebrate waiting for me at home. I probably won't even drink a glass but it will be nice to know that I could if I wanted to.
Exercise (even just walking), I've been on modified bed rest and I feel very lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->