What should I do??

gumb69

No.3 on its way
Reaction score
Hiya

Looking for guidance please.
My lo is nearly 12 weeks. Was diagnosed with reflux last week. I am EBF.

He has to take 2.5ml of losec every morning. Then i have to syringe feed him gaviscon three times a day made up with nutramigen formula.

Paed told me to come off all dairy and to syringe him with the gaviscon so he will get used to the taste of the nutramigen. As when I stop bf he will have to go in it.

We have been trying a bottle of EBM every dAy since he was 2 weeks old.

He really does prefer the boob. Only sleeps 45 mind during the day unless he is upright in the car seat. Feeds every 1.5 2 hours at night. During the day prob the same frequency. Is definitely thriving despite the reflux and dairy intolerance.

I wonder should I just solely express so he had to take bottles and eventually start adding a bit of nutramigen into his bottle when he is good at accepting bottles.
I know he is so small but we have no routine. I wonder if I knew how much EBM he took I would knw he is only comfort eating.
I bf my daughter, this time I feel like a FTM as he has been so unsettled it's hard to read him.

So should I just express so he gets used to bottles as at them omen the will take max one to two ounces and I end up having to put him in the boob.
Dh tries feeding him, ipump before hand so I am empty. Or should i just go cold turkey and put him fully on the nutramigen.

HELP!!!!

Stupid predictive text . Should say will take max 2 ounces from a bottle

Why do you need to switch to formula at all?

He has to go onto the formula by six months she said, and start weaning at four months.

He has a dairy intolerance so I am cutting out dairy

Your paed has said to put on formula?

Only asking as you say he is thriving anyway, formula would seem a waste of time, esp if toy are making the effort to go dairy free.

My lo had reflux, but thrived anyway, guess I just fed him constantly lol. But we bf until 16m, and he didn't eat solids until 7m (his choice).

Different story if they aren't gaining weight though. If it's bottles that are the issue, you have other options such as a doidy cup, or even a sippy cup closer to 6m I guess.

I would get a second opinion if you don't want to switch, babies still can have plenty of issues on formula too and that stuff is pricey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->