What should I do!

gina8177

Married with 1 baby boy
Reaction score
My friend recently showed me a site that rates skin products by their ingredients. Well, a lot of my stuff rated really well. But my baby body wash, shampoo, conditioner and lotion got 3 & 4s (moderate hazard). Which isn't too bad, 0 is the best, 10 is the worse. I don't think I would mind that for me but I would feel better with something better for him. Although they only have 2-4 ingredients that are rated bad, and two of those are the last 2 listed on the listing.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should replace all of these, but I spent quite a bit on them. Although, I suppose I could get DH & I to use them on ourselves, lol.

Do you think it would be silly to switch to product that is rated better. For example, most of California Baby products are between a 0-2 (low hazard). Or am I just being too paranoid and silly.

Which brand is it? Can you share the site please :)

I'm really not sure what I'd do...3-4 doesn't seem too bad, but I haven't seen the site. If it was higher I'd def switch though

i think that seems fairly low... and yes i would like to see the site too please :)

my Lo has ezcema, so the only thing he gets washed in is water and some prescribed emollient!

we used to use halos and horns, dunno how that would rate but it's cheaper than other SLS free products and sold in supermarkets. My youngest has eczema though and he used to seem worse so we used porridge in a pop sock for a while and now he has aveeno bath oil prescribed which we use on all of them.

Here is the site: https://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

If a product isn't on there you can create a report after you register, although it took me two days to actually get registered with my preggers brain.

I had bought his shampoo and stuiff in Gaia Natural Baby. I think I officially decided that DH and I will use it instead so we don't waste money. Now I'm trying to figure out what to get him. Lots of great options but I'm finding it hard to find something I can purchase locally.

Originally I wanted his skin products to be organic but I may abandon that. I'm thinking that if there is something local, good and scores a zero that's better than organic with a higher score. My friend really likes the stuff she's using from Rocky Mountain Soap Company. I also sent my doula an email seeing if she had recommendations cause she's been a good resource for stuff like this. :)

My DH totally thinks I am nuts!

i never used anything but water on my baby till she started eating food then it was only shampoo untill she was over one they just dont need it

I just looked up some of the stuff we use and it's between 2-5. I feel ok with it because th eboys skin is super sensitive and this stuff works really well for us so we'll be sticking with it :) But I do see the stuff I used when Hayden was a newborn that was supposed to be really good is a 7 so I def wont' be getting that with the next baby like I had planned

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->