• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what size teat for 9 month old?

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Hi,

Our DD is just over 9 months old and we are using the dr browns size 2 teat. Im wondering if she needs a bigger one as for the past few days she has been getting a bit frustrated when having her bottle? (May just be teething though)

She has 2 8oz bottles a day

What size teats is everyone using?

My lo is 9 months and also has 2 8oz bottles, i put her up to size 3 a week or so ago as she was gettin frustrated, first day she got hiccups alot lol but shes fine now and drinks her milk without fussing. worth a try goin size 3 xx

Ours stayed on size 2 until she stopped bottles, around 12 months. She never showed frustration with the flow speed.

thanks ladies! She is back to being fine again now so I think it may have been a bit of discomfort from teething rather than needing to change the teats. Is there any evidence that keeping them on a slower flowing teat can be detrimental in any way? My LO plays with her ears a lot and although I know that can be for a range of different reasons, Im wondering if the pressure from sucking a bit harder is doing any damage?

We have some variflow teats although havnt used them yet. Not sure whether to try them?

Hi,

Our DD is just over 9 months old and we are using the dr browns size 2 teat. Im wondering if she needs a bigger one as for the past few days she has been getting a bit frustrated when having her bottle? (May just be teething though)

She has 2 8oz bottles a day

What size teats is everyone using?

Hi my lg is 7 months and is on Dr Brown size 2 and Avent size 1... ive tried next sizes but she just chokes and cries! I think its just a guideline so if their happy leave them. Obv if he is getting frustrated its worth a try x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->