What size to buy?

craftymum

Mum to Jacob and Jenna
Reaction score
I've already got a couple of 0-3 months, will this be very big on a newborn or should I buy some newborn size things too? My daughter was 8lb 1 (16 years ago) she wasn't chubby she was very long so I'm expecting that I'll prob have another long baby. our hospital doesn't tell you sex so I don't want to buy too much until after birth when I know what it is.

We don't know the sex so have a total of about 10 sleepsuits and 15 vests all in a mix of newborn and 0-3 months :)

We have mainly 0-3 months with a few newborn, because if baby is tiny I can last a few days and then I can quickly pop to asda and get more. If its bigger then I havent wasted money on tiny clothes. We're team yellow, so I havent got anything for over 3 months!

thanks ladies, I'll buy a few newborn things just in case, I know I've ages yet but I've got hyperemesis since week 6 and it's left me housebound so surfing the net is all I have to keep me sane all day.:blush:

I only have a few newborn and my MW said i have plenty of stuff seeing as people always buy stuff once LO arrives :)

Defo get some newborn. 0-3 is giant IMO. I had to buy amelie lots of tiny baby stuff as the newborn drowned her and she didn;t move onto 0-3 until she was about 10 weeks old.

I don't intend buying any newborn stuff at all. Between my mum and her brother, and me and my brother the smallest of us was 9lb and the biggest was 11lb. Add to that my hubby is 6'6" and I think my chances of a small are slim unless something untoward happens and I go quite early.

All I pray is a healthy baby but i would be very chuffed if they could be long like dad rather than broad like me and my brother :muaha:

for my experience, i found it was good to get a mixture of both, and then when baby is here, you can expand and get just what they need :D x x

I have bought some newborn size and some 0-3, haven't bought too many just enough to see me through and will buy more when I know what size the baby will need.

Elyse is going to be 7 weeks old on Friday and is still wearing mainly newborn and small 0-3 month clothing... she was 6lbs 1oz at birth... not sure what she weighs right now, but she's on the small side.

I'd say buy a mixture of both and try to buy more of what you need once the baby arrives, some babies don't wear newborn at all... some are in 3-6 month sizes in no time.. some need to start out in preemie clothes (Elyse did, wore preemie first 2 weeks, newborn was way too big).

I've got 0-3 so far but after my baby shower I might get a few newborn things depending on what sizes people buy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->