What someone just asked me....

codiontour

One DD and 40+5w/DS:)
Reaction score
Someone (an RN) on my facebook just wrote on my wall...

"Oh I see you are about to have the baby any day huh, so when is your "Pitocin" date?"

It just really pissed me off! And im not even being induced, im in it for the long haul!

Oh wow! That's crazy! I hate how induction friendly most people are today.

"picocin date"????
Wowow! Like it's a perfectly natural thing to be induced!?? Bonkers.
Hope you told her/him where to get off.
XxX

Ooooo I might go over and give her a piece of my mind!!!

:ignore:

Ergh. I hate inductions being normal and expected!

Ridiculous! When my neighbour asked me 2 days ago where my baby is (erm, in this massive belly of mine!), I said he was taking his time and would arrive when he's good and ready. She then started on about induction was so much more safe and how 'out of my mind' I was to even think about having a baby at home...isn't it great how people love to share their opinions when I couldn't care less about it?!

:ignore: urgh I don't like people shoving their opinions on you either. A good friend is a MW and tells me every time I see her how she would never have been able to have one of hers at home as she's seen so much go wrong :wacko: it's like they are suggesting that you're putting having a baby at home above their safety!! :ignore:

I am speaking from someone who has been induced in both pregnancies, I find it quite scary that people find inductions common place. It is not the worst thing in the world to happen but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way for one. I didn't have pitocin but from what I read about it, the drug lends itself to further interventions such as epidurals etc which often lead to assisted births or c sections. All of these things are interventions I attribute to babies in distress or mothers with health complications (as in my case) and why these should be made common place in straight forward birhts when there is no need is beyond me.

Rant rant.

I would hope that your friend who is an RN would be more educated around the risks. Perhaps you could tell her that you are trying for something under rated these days called letting nature take it's course. Worked for centuries I hear hahahaha

My second child arrived at the end of the 41st week. As early as the 39th week, I kept telling people (from prenatal yoga class, salespeople at the market, basketry teacher, neighbors...) that the baby could come any day now and that I might not come the following week. But I just kept reappearing and people "took it well", we would have a good laugh. I got no remarks about induction and people knew I was going to give birth at home. I guess I'm just lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->