What sort of healthy habits are you trying to adopt for TTC?

Sarahkka

Mama to Two Fine Boys!
Reaction score
I'm still recovering from my first pregnancy, but I definitely want to have my weight within five pounds of my pre-preg weight before we TTC in the new year. That leaves me with about 10 to shed between now and January.
I also plan to keep up with prenatal vitamins and lots of extra vitamin D. I used some really yummy herbal teas to support my fertility cycle, but as that hasn't returned yet, I'm holding off on those.
This week I am joining a class callled Stroller Fit and if it isn't strenuoous enough, I'll move over to Stroller Boot Camp!
Maybe it's because I'm a somewhat older mummy (33), but I want everything that I can control healthwise to be optimal for TTC #2.
Anyone else feel like this?
What are you doing in prep for TTC?

I've cut out caffeine, also losing weight... eating healthily etc. Feel a lot better for it! Will start taking prenatals in a couple of months. x

I've cut out caffeine, also losing weight... eating healthily etc. Feel a lot better for it! Will start taking prenatals in a couple of months. x

I cut way down on caffeine but I couldn't cut it right out. Love my java too much!
The majority of studies still say that 300mg a day is okay for fertility and pregnancy.
Does that sound really evil? Or like I'm making excuses? :blush:

i am currently cutting down on caffeine and drink more water

would also like to lose some weight and get fitter

I cut way down on caffeine but I couldn't cut it right out. Love my java too much!
The majority of studies still say that 300mg a day is okay for fertility and pregnancy.
Does that sound really evil? Or like I'm making excuses? :blush:

I reckon you'll still be cool with drinking a cup a day or something, just so long as you don't get the caffeine jitters! :D I started drinking decaf tea & coffee a couple of months ago & it tastes the same :D :hugs:

I'm drinking more water, trying to eat more fruit, limiting myself to one cup of tea a day, trying to exercise more etc.

Drinking more water, im allergic to caffeine so cant dirnkit anyway! i drink Decaf Green Tea with no Milk, yummy I hear u say! lol
Also trying to lose weight along the way and do more exercise. xx

eating healthily i reckon, especially more fruit.

Im going to loose 5 stone and eat as much fruit and veg as i can. Also to exercise more

ive just stopped smoking (clean for 3 weeks- yes thankyou very much, im not even craving them!!!-yey!!) im also on the cross trainer for 15-40 mins every morning and also trying real hard at uni (i say that but have an exam tomorrow and not revising...its so boring and im a B&B addict!!) ..im also moving in with ym OH which..helps! haha! :-D

Im going to loose 5 stone and eat as much fruit and veg as i can. Also to exercise more

5 stone- hun you dont look big at all, loose 5 stone and you'll be a twig!!!!

I have lost the excess weight I was carrying so I am hoping to maintain that and get fitter.

I want to sort out some other health problems before we TTC aswell.

Continue to lose some more weight and have a better diet, be relaxed, positive, braver, more exercise, drink more water, do more yoga and taichi and...

I gave up smoking with Ed and ate pretty healthy. Haven't started smoking again but eat alot of junk between meals. I only drink decaf coffee and 2 cups of tea a day but would like to drink more herbal tea and get my iron levels up alot more

I gave up smoking with Ed and ate pretty healthy. Haven't started smoking again but eat alot of junk between meals. I only drink decaf coffee and 2 cups of tea a day but would like to drink more herbal tea and get my iron levels up alot more

Good on you for the smoking. not an easy one to kick!

Drinking more water, im allergic to caffeine so cant dirnkit anyway! i drink Decaf Green Tea with no Milk, yummy I hear u say! lol
Also trying to lose weight along the way and do more exercise. xx

Green Tea is yummy indeed! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"