What sort of healthy habits are you trying to adopt for TTC?

I love greeen tea!
I have this delicious one that is blended with lemongrass - it's so refreshing.
Okay, I have to ask if anyone else has heard about this: last summer during my pregnancy, I stopped taking green tea because I read a study that found that green tea prevented the absorption of folic acid.
I haven't heard anything about it since, and I don't want to miss out on all the great benefits of green tea. Kind of off thread topic, but sort of relevant...
Has anyone else heard of this?

I don't drink much tea (probably 3 cups a day during the week - nothing at weekends) but I'd like to stop drinking it altogether and switch to something herbal. I also need to do a bit more exercise.

DH has told me :rolleyes: that I'm going to be eating loads more veggies and drinking lots of milk when we're TTC and when I'm pregnant.

I've come across the green tea thing too - I need to cut down on the amount of caffine I drink and was checking out herbal teas but it looks like green tea is a bit iffy (although no-one seems to know exactly how much has an effect). If you google it there are news reports from 2005 from New Scientist and BBC but nothing more recent...

Yeah, I will just go back to no green tea while TTC and preg. Folic acid is just too important.
I don't drink buckets of it or anything, but I'd rather not take the chance.

Bubby - my husband is the health nut in our family. He's also an awesome cook and has kept me nutrionally in line for years now! :) Good thing or my entire pregnancy would have been fueled by cupcakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->