What sort of things are you using to help concieve?

Mummy2Angel.

Mason & Max's Mummy
Reaction score
What sort of things are you using to help concieve? or to make your body better for a pregnancy?

I am taking vitamin c with zinc, but then i read somewhere that you shouldnt take vitamin C is this true? I'm also taking my folic acid and have got a needless syringe and sterile tubs as OH not getting much time alone just now due to only seeing each other sat and sun (so we will prob miss ovulation as well :( )so to make things easier (although less romantic lol :haha:) i purcahsed some to get the little men :spermy: closer to my cervix :blush:.

I'm thinking about getting softcups but not sure i'll be able to get them out again :dohh:

So what sort of things is everyone else doing? I'd love to hearx

I am taking a multi-vitamin every day, as well as vitamin D (my levels were v low, thanks to chicago winters) and folic acid. I also eat well, lots of brown rice, nothing with aspertame or high fructose corn syrup, and I avoid processed foods (easy for me b/c I have celiac disease so can't eat most of it anyway). I am only drinking/eating whole milk, no skim milk because some studies have shown that the natural hormones in whole milk are important for conception (and, scarily, that there is some correlation between reduced fat dairy intake and failure to concieve).

This also may sound silly, but I am trying to stay postive about everything as much as possible - I want to be relaxed and have happy hormones :)

For me it's prenatals, extra folic acid prescribed by my doctor, B6, B12, EPO until Ov (for ewcm), fish oil until Ov, baby aspirin after Ov, progesterone cream after Ov to increase luteal phase. Just started red raspberry leaf and nettles tea until Ov. It is supposed to prepare the uterus for conception. I also do acupuncture to reduce stress.

Like zeezee, I also eat very healthy. Lots of fruit and veggies, whole grains, avoiding processed foods. I also eat a whole milk, organic yogurt every day as I've also heard it is important for conception (low fat is bad I've also read). I exercise 3-5 times a week.

I'm using preseed and tried soft cups this cycle. I have also done the needless syringe thing on days that DH just feels too tired (for some reason, he always has enough energy to squirt a little out in a sterile cup!) This cycle, I was pretty sure I already Ov'd but I had him do it into a softcup that I put preseed into. Then I put the softcup in with all of the spermies. I read one woman on this site say she did that, went to dinner and got pregnant that night! The trick is to practice with them first. They can't get lost in there. The best way for me to take them out is to bear down like you are having a bm. You'll push it out enough so your finger can grab it and pull it out.

Not romantic, but who cares? I'm willing to do what it takes at this point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->