What the difference between day and night cloth nappies?

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I keep seeing the phrase night nappies but what is the difference, are they a completly different nappy or do you have to add something to make them a night nappy, thanks.

Night nappies tend to have more inserts or stuffing to let them soak up more liquid. Just the difference in the amount of time they need to last without leaks.

If I'm using an Issy Bear at night for instance, I'd use both inserts, where I'd normally use one in the day, and avoid the cotton print ones. Minky or the special night nappies don't tend to wick.

night nappies are just super absorbent versions of normal nappies - some require wraps.

normal nappies can be boosted at night to do the same job.

It really does depend on the 'wetting' habits of your lo.

Q does well in an organic flips with a bg newborn insert or Easy peasy hemp insert in the middle.

For us, we use specific night nappies because we can't boost a day nappy enough to make it last. Night nappies tend to have a higher rise (they come up higher at the front and back) so you can get more absorbency in, and it doesn't matter as much if they're bulky.

Just double up your day nappy, if you have any 2 part day nappies, and cover with wool. That's always worked fine for me overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->